• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

TO DUMP OR NOT TO DUMP!!

Lisa J

CRYSTAL PALACE FC!
Hi everyone, now were all further down our weight loss journey, i was wandering who suffers from the dreaded dumping and who doesnt. I feel i have been quite fortunate as i only get abit queasy the odd time and it only lasts a few minutes. It has worked well for me as it does enable me to eat quite a varied diet, but i am still very wary!!!!

Last edited:
Being a sleever, I was told I would dump, but then I learned since I probably won't. But I daren't even risk it.

I haven't had a single biscuit or sugary snack since 20th June last year. No bread either, not even toast. The idea scares me so I don't put myself in that situation!

I wish I hadn't!!!. I managed great to the Xmas point so 8 months our never touched anything as I was scared to but somehow Xmas brought major feelings of deprivation and I tried a mince pie which was fine but when like an idiot I thought no don't dump and promptly at chocolate brownies - thats a packet of 6 small ones which slipped down a treat in a very short period of time (yes I know!!) my god I thought I was going to die. Sorry to be graphic but when it started I was sick, but it went on for 5 hours. Plus (look away now if squeamish) it was painful, fluid poured down my nose as well - a dark brown chocolate colour, never known anything like it. I could not move and just curled up round the big white telephone in the bathroom. Its taught me not to test that boundary again but sadly from time to time I find new ones.

M

I must admit when i say i dont dump i havent pushed it, the most ive had in one go was 4 roses chocs at xmas otherwise i limit myself to a fun size milky way or the odd buscuit.

U've convinced me!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There are a number of different forms of dumping, first stage is the more serious type and happens almost immidiately and carries all the nasty symptoms associated with dumping, late stage is simular but happens a few hours post eating and isn't as hard or nasty usually resulting in nausea and tiredness.
You can dump from eating to much fat in your diet, the syptoms of over doing it on fatty or oily food is a day spent on the loo ;-)

I dont suffer with first or late stage dumping and can eat pretty much anything, but i do get the fat type and have a couple of times spent a day on the loo regretting eating something.

Back