• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Surgeon appointment tomorrow Mr Jain at L&D,.

it'll be interesting to find out how long other wls'ers have to wait ........my ops on the 30th august with Mr Jambulingam just over 3 months from seeing the surgeon to having the op

Hi

Got my date today 28th sep, so about the same time 3 months nearly,your a month ahead of me,lol

it does indeed, where u from in bucks

Hi Gary

You was right about Mr Jain what a lovely man, i actually said i had been talking to you and how nervous i had felt and how i felt so much better after talking to you and as soon as i said gary he knew straight away, i said you had highly reccommended him and only had praise which he seemed happy about.

He didnt rush me at all and really made me feel so at ease.

i was 2lb heavier which he wasnt too worried about as i said about the monthlys,lol

I have to go in 7am the morning of my op,did you have to self inject yourself the day before ? think i may go see the practice nurse as i dont fancy doing it myself.

Hi Gary

You was right about Mr Jain what a lovely man, i actually said i had been talking to you and how nervous i had felt and how i felt so much better after talking to you and as soon as i said gary he knew straight away, i said you had highly reccommended him and only had praise which he seemed happy about.

He didnt rush me at all and really made me feel so at ease.

i was 2lb heavier which he wasnt too worried about as i said about the monthlys,lol

I have to go in 7am the morning of my op,did you have to self inject yourself the day before ? think i may go see the practice nurse as i dont fancy doing it myself.

Excellent new, I'm so pleased for you, gives you time to prepare mentally and at home, which I didnt have much time really, but still pleased I took that date.

Oh you mentioned me did you, that means my cards are marked with him now haha.

Yes he is a lovely man, and always puts your health at the forefront, and treats you like a person and not a number of the NHS.

Regarding injecting, yes I did, I started 5 days prior to my operation, due to the medication I take, which I had to come off prior to the op.

Well I am so pleased for you, and as always if there is anything I can do to help, please ask, nothing is too much trouble, for my fellow wls friends lol

You will get your pre op assessment date through by letter possibly in about a weeks time. Nothing to worry about on that, just more bloods, blood pressure etc lol

hi jacqui, nice to hear from you. sorry you had chicken pox, what a nightmare!!
im so glad you have a date with mr jain. he is my surgeon too and i am 2 weeks behind you. they originally gave me an appointment today (1st july), but would have had to book a different appointment with anesthestis(??). how you been on the refeed diet? it was so nice eating again. i looked so forward to it.

Wow we both have Mr Jain and we are so close together as well.

Most people i chat to have Mr Whitelaw for some reason, so its nice finding a few who too have had or are having Mr Jain.

He really was so very kind,he said that i would be suitable for both procedures either sleeve or bypass, he said it was up to me which one i decided on but as i was still a little uncertain he has booked me for a bypass but said if on the morning of surgery i change my mind just tell him.

I have to be in at 7am on the morning of the op and he said he has booked me first on the list which im quite happy about, no sitting around,hopefully ?

I did stumble a little after the milk diet, i put on a little but have managed to get back on track.
Towards the end of the milk diet i was having nowhere near as much milk as i should of had and the dietician said she thought i wasnt having enough and had put myself into ketosis, hence really smelly breath and wee,lol.

When i did start the refeed it was like my body was clinging on to everything i ate and took a while to get good balance.

Im back on track now my diet is consisting of - low fat yogurt for brekkie,with 1 sachet of highlight hot chocolate (40cals), soup for lunch, weightwatchers meal for dinner and if i get a little picky i will have a snack a jack and obviously sugar free juice or coke zero.

How did you get on in the end with the milk diet ? from what i recall you done really well.

What date are you seeing Mr Jain ?

Jacqui x

hi jacqui, nice to hear from you. sorry you had chicken pox, what a nightmare!!
im so glad you have a date with mr jain. he is my surgeon too and i am 2 weeks behind you. they originally gave me an appointment today (1st july), but would have had to book a different appointment with anesthestis(??). how you been on the refeed diet? it was so nice eating again. i looked so forward to it.

hi jacqui,
couldnt wait to start the refeed. once i went to see the dietician, i was so looking forward to food, that my expectations wasnt as enjoying. im still on the milk for breakfast and lunch and eat a small portioned meal for dinner. the dietician said not to concentrate on calories, but on smaller portions. which is good for me. counting calories makes you paranoid, you then get bored and eat lots again. its nice that i can eat with my husband too. last weekend was my birthday and i was sensible with my portions (although i did pig out) and still managed to lose 3lbs!!
my date with mr jain is on 14th of july and i see the anesthetis on that day too. did you meet yours and what was she/he like?
funny thing is, im looking forward to it.

14th July not long now, the anesthetist was really nice as well,i thought i was seeing a mr shaffer but i see the other one,soz cant recall his name,im awful with names,lol. He just went over what would happen on the day,more health questions,blood pressure and had a look down my throat.

Have you decided on your op yet ? Are you still sticking with the sleeve, Mr Jain said if i had diabetes or other serious health problems he would offer me the bypass but as i havent i get a choice.

Well done on your weight loss sounds as if you have it all sorted.

Im excited but at the same time a little nervous,were nearly there now.......Yay :woohoo:

Jacqui x

hi jacqui,
couldnt wait to start the refeed. once i went to see the dietician, i was so looking forward to food, that my expectations wasnt as enjoying. im still on the milk for breakfast and lunch and eat a small portioned meal for dinner. the dietician said not to concentrate on calories, but on smaller portions. which is good for me. counting calories makes you paranoid, you then get bored and eat lots again. its nice that i can eat with my husband too. last weekend was my birthday and i was sensible with my portions (although i did pig out) and still managed to lose 3lbs!!
my date with mr jain is on 14th of july and i see the anesthetis on that day too. did you meet yours and what was she/he like?
funny thing is, im looking forward to it.

Hope you don't mind but i thought i'd say hello!

Hello
I randomly put my Gastric bypass date into Google and it came up with one of your threads, and it sounds like i'm the next person in after you've had your operation, and its with Mr Jain also. I have to be at Luton And Dunstable hospital for 9am on the 28th september. (i'm going to look like an idiot if i'm wrong)

Take care
Danielle

Back