• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Surgeon appointment tomorrow Mr Jain at L&D,.

jacqui*

Hi all

I havent been on for a while and amazed at how well everyone is doing.

I have my surgeon appointment tomorrow with Mr Jain at L&D,ive had a look online as you do and have read so many nice comments.

But would really love to hear from anyone on here who has had Mr Jain,i also have to see the anesthetist and would really like to know what to expect for both appointments.

Many Thanks

Jacqui x

Mr Jain did my bypass last Wednesday, by Friday 8.00am he was sending me home.

He is such a great polite man, and I would reccomend him to anyone.

A week out and I feel great, and can't wait to get back to work.

If you have any questions, I would be happy to answer them.

Gary.

Hi Gary

Thank you so much,im a little nervous for some reason ?

Ive only read really nice comments about Mr Jain which is comforting.

Can you please tell me what to expect at tomorrows appointment.

Also congratulations your doing fab,so lovely to hear such positive comments.

Thanks Again
Jacqui

Hi Gary

Thank you so much,im a little nervous for some reason ?

Ive only read really nice comments about Mr Jain which is comforting.

Can you please tell me what to expect at tomorrows appointment.

Also congratulations your doing fab,so lovely to hear such positive comments.

Thanks Again
Jacqui

Sure can, my appointment with him, was getting weighed, and then he discusses what surgery you want, and explains how he will do the procedure, and he drew a couple of diagrams to make sure I understood. At that point he set the date for me, and completed the consent form, and got me to sign it. And that's basically all that Vigyan Jain does that day.

Your second appointment will probably have your blood pressure taken, asked about your weight and past medical problems, what medication you are on, and again your chance to ask questions.

There is nothing to worry about about these appointments at all.

Hope this helps you, and this time tomorrow you should know your operation date. woohoo.

Thanks Gary well that sounds ok, Im a little worried as i put on 4lb and have been cycling like mad to try and get it off in time.Im not weighing myself until the morning so fingers crossed,but if i am a couple of lbs heavier do you think he will put me on hold ?????

Thanks Gary well that sounds ok, Im a little worried as i put on 4lb and have been cycling like mad to try and get it off in time.Im not weighing myself until the morning so fingers crossed,but if i am a couple of lbs heavier do you think he will put me on hold ?????

Tell him its your time of the month lol, and try and have a good no2 before you go, you might well be suprised.

Im sure he will be ok, although I cant hand on heart say it will be ok, as I had lost 5 stone by the time I saw him, so he sailed me through the system.

Keep us updated though, would love to hear your progress.

Well im hoping it will be ok, the scales will tell me in the morning,lol

It is actually nearly my time of the month so at least that will be an honest excuse,ive still lost a little over 2 stone but would still be a cpl of lbs heavier since they last weighed me after the milk diet.

So if all goes well tomorrow i will get my date ? omg

How long did you have to wait for your surgery date once you had seen the surgeon ?

Well im hoping it will be ok, the scales will tell me in the morning,lol

It is actually nearly my time of the month so at least that will be an honest excuse,ive still lost a little over 2 stone but would still be a cpl of lbs heavier since they last weighed me after the milk diet.

So if all goes well tomorrow i will get my date ? omg

How long did you have to wait for your surgery date once you had seen the surgeon ?

Ah now, if you are seeing the surgery, unless theres a problem, you should get your surgery date.

I only had 3 weeks to wait, which was a major shock for me, as he gave me a cancellation date he had, I have seen people reporting August/September dates, but that's all I can say, but this time tomorrow you will be posting 'I have my date' lol

Thanks again Gary for all your help,i do actually feel alot better now.

Well heres hoping i do come home with my date and if i do i will be sure to post.

My appointment is ay 2.30 tomoz, so i plan to get the kids off to school and go cycle crazy in the morning,lol.

Don't forget plenty of water lol

Do you know Gary im going to be frightened like mad tomorrow to drink a thing just incase it shows on those scales,lol

Great timing getting that cancellation,your way ahead of yourself now.

Its all goes so very slowly in the beginning and seem so long winded but once you get past that milk diet it really seems to fly.

Do you know Gary im going to be frightened like mad tomorrow to drink a thing just incase it shows on those scales,lol

Great timing getting that cancellation,your way ahead of yourself now.

Its all goes so very slowly in the beginning and seem so long winded but once you get past that milk diet it really seems to fly.

And you got another 2 weeks of the milk diet to look forward too, then post op, 2 weeks of a liquid diet lol

But the build up is all worth while for the end result.

And you got another 2 weeks of the milk diet to look forward too, then post op, 2 weeks of a liquid diet lol

Oh the lovely milk diet...Mmmm Yummy,lol

To be honest once i got into it i done really well, you just have to keep thinking of why your doing it i think and that keeps you motivated.

But i have to admit milk isnt my favourite thing now.

Im amazed at how well your getting along only 1 week post op it really is amazing...was you at all nervous and was it as bad as you thought or did you wonder what all the fuss was about,lol

To be honest, I wasnt nervous at all, not even when they walk you to the operating theatre and you are asked to sit on the operating table.

I came round and didnt feel any pain, just discomfort, When I saw Mr Jain after, I did actually ask him, if I had had it done, as I was walking around, just 2 hours after I got to HDU.

Its only natural to worry, but I didnt use my morphine at all, and I know others that didnt use it at all.

They give you paracetamol and codiene to bring home, and I havent touched them.

Well that sounds great hopefully i too will sail through it, yes i do feel nervous but also excited if that at all makes sense,lol.

it'll be interesting to find out how long other wls'ers have to wait ........my ops on the 30th august with Mr Jambulingam just over 3 months from seeing the surgeon to having the op

Hi Jacqui - how did it go? x

Hi Michelle,

Im going great thank you i got my date today 28th sep with Mr Jain,omg what a lovely man he let me ask away all my questions and was so imformative and really made you feel at ease.

I spoke to Gary last last which also helped as he also had mr jain.

How are you going ? whens your surgeon appointment ?

Havent been on for a while ive had a whole month of chicken pox with the children,lol.

Really hope your well.
hi jacqui, was wondering what had happened to you. how you been doing?

Back