• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

today has finally got here lol

Hi Mazbrad, Of course you will be feeling like you are, its all part of the package. I was actually sick before i went to my appointment. Please dont think that they will change there mind because they wont love. I still think that im going to get a letter through the post saying that i cant have my op even though im at the last stage. You will be fine, and let us know how you got on dear. Ill be looking out for you later xxx

Just wanted to wish you all the best of luck today with your appointment. Try to stay positive, so you can go in there with your head held high & confirm to them all the reasons why this operation is so right for you. I am sure all will be fine though. Let us know how you get on xxx

Good luck x

Good luck, stay strong and positive...
Love and hugs

xxx

well i went for my 2nd appointment yesterday. they going to give me bypass , says about 9 mths time. hoped 6mths was max but hey i waited this long can wait a bit longer. have been given a 5kg weightloss plan so seems sensible.the dietician was really good, didnt tell them any fibs, pointless i thought so was honest telt them everything. they want me to go for a sleep test at hospital she thinks i possibly have sleep apnea so waiting on that appointment, only thing i was worried about is the thought of having to have cameras down throat.... i hope they put u under as i had that done once and was horrific , petrefied at thought of it. anyone know if they do? will keep updating . thanks for all your support everyone,. love reading what you have to say .

hi,

i have just had my endoscopy at sunderland and i wont lie they didnt knock me out but they do give you something to keep you calm and all the staff are really lovely. you will be fine.

nic.x

Yaaay, good for you hun, 9 months will fly, honestly .. it seems like ages and ages but it does go really fast :D X

well i went for my 2nd appointment yesterday. they going to give me bypass , says about 9 mths time. hoped 6mths was max but hey i waited this long can wait a bit longer. have been given a 5kg weightloss plan so seems sensible.the dietician was really good, didnt tell them any fibs, pointless i thought so was honest telt them everything. they want me to go for a sleep test at hospital she thinks i possibly have sleep apnea so waiting on that appointment, only thing i was worried about is the thought of having to have cameras down throat.... i hope they put u under as i had that done once and was horrific , petrefied at thought of it. anyone know if they do? will keep updating . thanks for all your support everyone,. love reading what you have to say .

Im glad they have agreed to your op, with the endoscopy at Srh u can have sedation, it doesnt completley knock you out just calms you, or the freeze spray for the throat, or you can have both id advise to have both, i tried to be brave with no sedation and it was horrible, so take anything they offer you, also you will need someone to drive you home if you have the sedation x

I agree with Liz. We both had ours done around the same time. Take both sedation & spray.

Good luck & congratulations. 9 months will fly by :)

I am glad to hear that your appointment went well, try not to worry about the endoscopy - easier said than done I know! I am a nurse and worked in an endoscopy department for 18 months. Once I have my 50 posts I can send you a PM offering pre-endoscopy coaching if you like!

Back