• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Yaaaay!! KCH Pre Assessment Date finally!!

Hey all so finally after being on my surgeon Mr Ramar's list almost 12 months (April 21st 16) I have finally got a call from KCH giving me a preop assessment date (17th April)

Im am so so excited!!!

What can i expect to happen in this appointment?? And how long did any other Kings patients wait to get their surgery date after??

Hey Jadine, He did my surgery in December and he was amazing. As for pre op assessment they do blood tests, ECG monitor, check your weight and the nurse will talk through your LRD with you. I had surgery 8 days after my assessment.

Good luck.

Hey all so finally after being on my surgeon Mr Ramar's list almost 12 months (April 21st 16) I have finally got a call from KCH giving me a preop assessment date (17th April)

Im am so so excited!!!

What can i expect to happen in this appointment?? And how long did any other Kings patients wait to get their surgery date after??

Great news!

I’m at KCH and was told the waiting list is a year. (From the day they officially put you on the list).

Great news!

I’m at KCH and was told the waiting list is a year. (From the day they officially put you on the list).

Ok thank you. yes i was told about a 12th month wait. But my 12 months is on 21st April so just a few days after my preop assessment. Just making sure its not a long wait after....when did you have your surgery? And what did you have?

I am in the Reading, Berkshire area. Not really sure where I will have my operation (if at all).
Have my MDT tomorrow & should get more information then x

Im sure your mdt will be fine. I know its worrying what the outcome will be. have you looked up the nice guidelines?

Im sure your mdt will be fine. I know its worrying what the outcome will be. have you looked up the nice guidelines?
Done a lot of on line research and this forum has been very helpful.
MDT done now have to wait for a place on the group sessions 3 month wait been told. So more waiting lol

Hey Jadine, He did my surgery in December and he was amazing. As for pre op assessment they do blood tests, ECG monitor, check your weight and the nurse will talk through your LRD with you. I had surgery 8 days after my assessment.

Good luck.

Hey Tai, thanks for your msg OMGGGGGG!!! 8Days after!! So did they give you the date at the preop assessment? Do you have any post on here about your journey? I need details lol. Also are you on Instagram. Sorry im too excited lol.

Done a lot of on line research and this forum has been very helpful.
MDT done now have to wait for a place on the group sessions 3 month wait been told. So more waiting lol

Yes this forum is amazing!! Good to do your research. youtube is good also. Congrats on the MDT you'll get a letter in the post about this. This whole process can be a very long waiting game. My journey started August 2016 so be patient but keep chasing things up at the same time or you'll wait longer.

Hey Jadine! Congrats on getting a pre op date. that's amazing! I think with the pre op the maximum time they have to do surgery after that is 12 weeks so you're definitely be getting your surgery soon :D good luck!!

Ok thank you. yes i was told about a 12th month wait. But my 12 months is on 21st April so just a few days after my preop assessment. Just making sure its not a long wait after....when did you have your surgery? And what did you have?

Still pre-op and in the second month of my latest waiting list .

Hey Jadine! Congrats on getting a pre op date. that's amazing! I think with the pre op the maximum time they have to do surgery after that is 12 weeks so you're definitely be getting your surgery soon :D good luck!!

Thank you. Omg i refuse to wait that long! But yes i do feel it will be very soon after. Thank you

Hey Tai, thanks for your msg OMGGGGGG!!! 8Days after!! So did they give you the date at the preop assessment? Do you have any post on here about your journey? I need details lol. Also are you on Instagram. Sorry im too excited lol.

Hey hun, still Feeling a little antsy haven’t posted yet but should do soon. Listen from been on the waiting list for a year, all the frustrations of thinking it’s not happening then boom everything happens all at once. Its overwhelming but so glad I’m here now. Back to your questions, they called me the next day to give me a date and to start my LRD. Currently not very active but you can dm me on insta anytime ( Tai_cerise).

Hey hun, still Feeling a little antsy haven’t posted yet but should do soon. Listen from been on the waiting list for a year, all the frustrations of thinking it’s not happening then boom everything happens all at once. Its overwhelming but so glad I’m here now. Back to your questions, they called me the next day to give me a date and to start my LRD. Currently not very active but you can dm me on insta anytime ( Tai_cerise).

Ok hun thats ok. Will msg you on instagram. I'v followed you on my wls acc. Thats exactly how me and my friend feel we both will be a year on list next month. And its crazy they just leave u to it for a year. But thats still amazing a call the next day i bet your heart was beating....thats not much notice at all though. And atleast u only had 1 week lrd.

Excellent news Jadine!
I'm with Kings as well. My last date on Tier 4 is April 23, yet on Monday I got an appointment letter to see Bariatric Nurses on 30 May.
Then TODAY I got a letter that confuses me. Apparently they had an MDM Discussion about me on 26.03.2018 the letter simply states:
*Indications for surgery
*To see KCH dieticians
*Okay to proceed on surgical pathway
*Has see cardiology-no concerns

Not entirely sure what this means, I find them really difficult to get in touch with and to get an explanation on all these letters or even where I am in the convoluted system. During all this time I haven't gained any extra weight and I even I managed to lose just under two stone in the last 7 months. I can't imagine being on the surgery wait list for another year. But I have a feeling that's what is going to happen. Lets hope we get dates soon. Another year of waiting is exhausting.
Hope they contact you soon.

Excellent news Jadine!
I'm with Kings as well. My last date on Tier 4 is April 23, yet on Monday I got an appointment letter to see Bariatric Nurses on 30 May.
Then TODAY I got a letter that confuses me. Apparently they had an MDM Discussion about me on 26.03.2018 the letter simply states:
*Indications for surgery
*To see KCH dieticians

Not entirely sure what this means, I find them really difficult to get in touch with and to get an explanation on all these letters or even where I am in the convoluted system. During all this time I haven't gained any extra weight and I even I managed to lose just under two stone in the last 7 months. I can't imagine being on the surgery wait list for another year. But I have a feeling that's what is going to happen. Lets hope we get dates soon. Another year of waiting is exhausting.

Hey Quinn, yes Kings are a nightmare interms of waiting. When did you go on to the waiting list? And what surgeon are you with? The waiting list is a year. Ill be a year out next month. Managed to get my preop moved to 11th April. And apparently surgery is within 3 months. But some people have waited longer so im not sure....if you havd Facebook id suggest adding "Nu you" Kings group as its all patients under kings. They talk about surgery and how long they waited. Most said within 2/3 weeks after preop. Hope yours comes soon too. ....btw what is your appointment for with the bariatric nurse? Is it your preop?

Excellent news Jadine!
*Indications for surgery
*To see KCH dieticians

Also was you already discussed in the MDT meeting or is this the first letter you've received about it? That is strange. I haven't recieved another letter just my preop letter

Back