• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Tomorrow is my big day !!!

Hollyhunny

5 years of waiting
Im going in at 7:30am (bristol southmead)

can anyone give me a run thru of what to expect?

will I be able to see my children after I come out of surgery?

how much do you lay down and rest?
how much do they expect you to walk around?
can you bring phones/chargers,etc?

Hi there just stopped by to wish you all the best for tomorrow

just wanted to wish you lots of luck and best wishes ....
I have no experiance, but didnt want to read and run ...xxx

just wanted to wish you look you will have to keep me informed as im in the same hospital but only just began my journey would be good if i could pick your brain if you didnt mind x

Hi Holly

I'm also having my op at Southmead tomorrow. I have to be there at 7.30am! How have you done on the pre-op diet for a week?

Hayley

Thanks, been worrying a bit because it appears that alot of people's pre-op diets have been between 10 - 14 days but I was told to only do it for a week and now I wonder if that's long enough!

hi just wanted to wish all
the best to both of you girls for tomoro its the start of the brand new you
all the very best
steve

Thanks, been worrying a bit because it appears that alot of people's pre-op diets have been between 10 - 14 days but I was told to only do it for a week and now I wonder if that's long enough!

i think it depends on your hospital but if thats what they told you you should be fine hun ill be keeping an eye out to see how it went for you sending hugs xxx

Sending you both all the best for tomorrow. Re: your questions. How old are your kids? You might be quite out of it with anaesthetic so if they're quite little it could be better to wait till the day after to visit. Only you know how they'll react though.

I was left to rest most of the day of op, apart from up to loo. The day after they had me up in a chair and pottering about a bit. They like to get you moving about to prevent blood clots and chest infections. But you can rest too. Moving about helps shift the wind too!
Best wishes once again. It's so nice there'll be two of you together.

Grace xxx

Oh and yes it should be fine to take your phone and charger. I would've been lost without mine. :D

Good luck for tomorrow both of you :D
Usually like Grace says the day of the op you will mainly be out of it! My family came but I just kept drifting off....how rude! lol
The day after I was great, some discomfort and pain obbviously but I was up and fully awake and pottering around :D XX

The best of luck, hollyhunny and slimbydecember. You will be in my prayers - bet you can't wait to get it over and done with. Hollyhunny - I've not had my op yet (due on 24th Feb) but have had quite a few different ops and it usually takes me around 8 to 10 hours (sometimes more) to come out the anesthesia and drowsiness. Might scare your children. My daughter's 32 and expecting her 3rd child and I've told her not to come and see me til I feel the way I look or am won't affect her. So can imagine if your children are still of a young age. All the best to both of you xx

i wonder if youll be next to each other in the ward, itll be great to have someone you know, and even if youdont know each other much now, you will do by the time you come out. good luck both of you. see you on the losers bench

all the best to you both! :)

Back