• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Too heavy & inaccurate scales

kirstyjade

Do anyone know if the heavier you are the less accurate the the scales are like my scales go up to 23.5 and if you weigh say 22/23 stone and are near the limit if the scales do they become less accurate I only ask because my old scales which I have for about 5 years broke and I brought a new pair which weigh me 10 pound heavier than my other scales but my other scales went up to 31 stone and I wasn't near the weight limit when they broke I weighed 21.10 stone and on the new scales that go up to 23.5 stone they are weighing me 10lb heavier at 22.6 stone and it's really disheartening and I can't afford another set do I want to know weather there accurate or weather they could be wrong because there close to the weight limit????

femfrankie

Shrinking For Sophie
All I know is that my WW ones only went to 27st and i was over that at my heaviest.. they just read error whenever I stood on them until my weight fell to below their limit. Wouldnt be right if they weigh you wrong as then they wouldnt be fit for the purpose that you bought them for but who knows with modern technology lol

Butterfly_lady

Use a *professional* scales ie ones in Boots you pay for or get the docs to weigh you, then weigh on your home scales and see what the difference is :)

Val

Committed Weight Loser
I think they do differ and I too have always thought if you are near the limit they can make errors...
I had WW ones you could get on 3 times and have a different reading every time :/

kirstyjade

I find boots scales very inacurate they weigh me 12 pound different from my gp's scales but them my gp doesn't have any fancy scales just digital ones :sigh: I don't know what to think I wish my old scales didn't break they always seemed to be consistant and accurate

Yvessa

There can always be a difference between scales hon, and when I changed there was almost a stones difference. Focus on the losses rather than the number it says :) You'll feel better next week, I promise you aren't suddenly 12lbs heavier!

TC33

I know when I am weighed at the hospital I am approx. 4lb less and fully clothed (always weigh naked at home!).

kirstyjade

Another quick question... Iv got the carpet feet on the scales and I use them on a hard floor will that make a difference? Iv tried to google it but nothing really comes up..... The carpet feet are very inaccurate on carpet :/ but I seem to have a more Steady reading with them on while weighing on the hard floor but just wondered whether they can be uses on hard floor?

jellykelly

Another quick question... Iv got the carpet feet on the scales and I use them on a hard floor will that make a difference? Iv tried to google it but nothing really comes up..... The carpet feet are very inaccurate on carpet :/ but I seem to have a more Steady reading with them on while weighing on the hard floor but just wondered whether they can be uses on hard floor?

i don't know , you could maybe try it on carpet to check ? or buy a rug i brought these scales recently as the ones i wanted to but at the time weren't it stock and these are simple and don't do anything fancy but gives me the same reading every time i weigh and step off with the occasional exception of 1/4 to 1/2 a lb when standing in a different and they go up to 31stone.

posturehttp://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/1442502.htm?CMPID=GS001&_$ja=cgid:17470555473%7Ctsid:59157%7Ccid:199887993%7Clid:92277548433%7Cnw:g%7Ccrid:74692316793%7Crnd:7533628733789160008%7Cdvc:c%7Cadp:1o1%7Cbku:1&gclid=Cj0KEQiAj8uyBRDawI3XhYqOy4gBEiQAl8BJbdQgyQDkyqE4xFQ9Rynl-Q1zIUCJ0YyuoaE4HQ1aczAaAkbT8P8HAQ