• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Took the first step...

MaidoftheRiver

So today I have taken the first step, and actually spoken to my GP about weight loss surgery! It's been worrying me so much, I was expecting a negative reaction!

Fortunately my GP is lovely, and very very positive! He listened to me and was very encouraging, and couldn't have been more helpful. He is going to look in to current local protocols and advise me as to the next step, then make any necessary referrals! So relieved!

I've always been overweight and he seems to think I am an ideal candidate! I have lost large amounts of weight in the past but never managed to sustain that weight loss - first time I list five stone and my mum was diagnosed terminally ill, second time I lost seven stone, then had my gallbladder out followed by complications and have put six back on!

Feeling so much more positive that there is the tiniest chance that this actually could happen for me!

lynseyscott

Well done taking the first step!

I was exactly the same as you, lost loads of weight & then gained it all (& more!) back - more than once!

I'm booked in for a gastric bypass at North tyneside general hospital on 4th December!

Good luck on your journey

los in it

Hello maidoftheriver
well done on taking the first step to a better life!
very good luck with everything

MaidoftheRiver

Thanks. I have been terrified about it, but that is outweighed (ha) by the fact I don't want to spend the rest of my life like this! I actually enjoy exercise and live my martial arts, but at this size I am really really struggling with it so much. I want to be good at it, not the fattest one in the class that everyone looks at with pity or as if I am pathetic!!!

Sephem

Thanks. I have been terrified about it, but that is outweighed (ha) by the fact I don't want to spend the rest of my life like this! I actually enjoy exercise and live my martial arts, but at this size I am really really struggling with it so much. I want to be good at it, not the fattest one in the class that everyone looks at with pity or as if I am pathetic!!!

I have just had my bypass 4 weeks ago and I am the same. I went to gym 3 times a week and did RPM (A Spinning class), and I did karate twice a week which I stopped a week before my OP. I am hoping that I get the all clear tomorrow to be able to go back to both gym and karate. I have been told by my Sensei that if I was not so big, I would easily get my black belt as I am good at what I do for my size, but lack the range of motion to be great at it. Cannot wait to be smaller and be able to do the moves without struggling.

So far this is the best thing I have done and I know it can only make my life better in all different ways.

Butterfly_lady

Hi hunni good luck with it all x