• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Tortilla Pizza

phatgirl

I am crazy for these tortilla pizzas, even my hubby likes them.

Ingredients:
Mini tortilla/wrap whole meal (6" size)
Tomato sauce
Shredded cheese
Toppings of choice
Low fat Spray oil

Preheat your oven to 200, do this first so that your oven is nice and hot.

Spray a baking sheet with spray oil. Then place the tortilla/wrap on the tray. Add a heaping spoon of your favorite tomato sauce (I use Bertolli Grilled Vegtable) and spread evenly on the tortilla. Then sprinkle your shredded cheese (I use mature cheddar but any cheese you like will do), lightly cover the sauce. Now add any toppings you like. I use leftovers like grilled mushrooms, grilled veg, prawns, sliced chicken. Be creative. Once you have added your toppings, then cover with another light sprinkle of cheese. I also sprinkle a bit of basil on the top.

Pop the tray into the oven and bake for 10 minutes. That's it, crispy and tasty pizza in minutes. You can go from heating the oven to eating in 20 minutes. When I made them for me & the hubby I added a large salad and some buttered noodles for him.

Here is a link to the lady's blog where I saw this recipe and I have been hooked ever since. Check her out, she is awesome!

theworldaccordingtoeggface: It's National Pizza Week

Enjoy!
Nic:D:D:D

Last edited:
They're called Tostados ;) I make these for hubby and Al every so often. Lovely with mango chutney as a base and chicken and spring onion on top, although mango chutney is too sugary these days!

Hubby likes his done with a chilli base and sliced jalapenos on.

I like mine with tuna nomnomnom

:p:p:pNope, I firmly assert that it is a pizza. Tostados don't go in the oven with toppings on. This is a pizza!!! I need it to be a pizza because it is something I crave but can't really tolerate due to the bready-ness of pizza. I end up picking all the toppings off and don't feel satisfied:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:. So, enter the tortilla pizza which I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE.

Nic;)

Ok lol for you it is a Pizza :)

I made a 'sweet' pizza yesterday that was lovely!

Peanut Butter, Banana & Chocolate Tortilla

1 kids wrap/tortilla 6"
1 large spoon of peanut butter (I use low fat/low sugar)
1/2 Banana sliced thin
2 squares Chocolate (no sugar added, chopped in to small bits)

Pre-heat your oven to 180, place your tortilla on a baking tray that you have sprayed with light spray oil. Smear the pb over the tortilla in a thin layer. Add the banana slices and then sprinkle the choc pieces around. Cook for 5-7 minutes or until the tortill starts to crisp around the edges and the choc softens. Take out of the oven an let cool for a couple of minutes then cut into 4 wedges.

Enjoy, also works with sliced strawberries.
;););)

Oh I am going to give this a try next week as I would really love some pizza, hopefully this'll do the trick........................ Thanks PG

me too, im now 4 months post-op and think it's about time i had one!!

I love these tortilla pizza thingies! My fave flavor is just plain cheese and tomato... Thanks PG :D

Made quesadilla yesterday, which is similar. Had a packet of bbq shredded pork from asda (with the cooked chicken etc) and spread that over one mini tortilla, topped with cheese and then another mini tortilla and dry fried for a few minutes on either side until crispy and brown. Nomnomnom.

Made quesadilla yesterday, which is similar. Had a packet of bbq shredded pork from asda (with the cooked chicken etc) and spread that over one mini tortilla, topped with cheese and then another mini tortilla and dry fried for a few minutes on either side until crispy and brown. Nomnomnom.

That sounds gorgeous :drool: im definately trying them this week, hopefully I wont be too restricted!!

I do a breakfast one that hubby loves.

Spanish Egg Tortilla
egg
salsa or tomato sauce
kid's size tortilla
shredded cheese
salt & pepper
oven spray

Pre-heat the oven to 200. Softly scramble an egg (one egg for bypasser, or for normal person 2-3 eggs) but leave it runny. Spray baking sheet with cooking spray, place tortilla on the sheet. Spoon some salsa or tomato sauce onto the tortilla and spread it around. Top the sauce with runny egg, sprinkle on shredded cheese and some salt & pepper to taste. Pop in the oven for about 7-8 minutes. The more toppings, the more likely you will need to use a knife and fork to eat it.

Enjoy!:D

God these sound so yummy.... cant wait to try one.

Just made a cheese, tomato n chilli one and it was lush:p:p

i had a cheese, ham and pineapple one..........heaven!!!!!! thank you sooooooo much phatgirl.

Tried a new topping, I browned some mince with onion and garlic and added it after the sauce but before the cheese, sprinkled the entire thing with some fresh basil. It was yummy!

Back