• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

totally and utterly panicing!!

Corey

longs to be average!
I really need your help! Please forgive me if this post goes all over the place, I have so much stuff going through my head, that I'll probably just write it all down out of order and as a result will be bouncing backwards and forwards and all over the place.

As you all know I am due to have my band fitted in just under two weeks, but am now wondering if I am doing the right thing and have numerous reasons for wondering this.
1. Petrified of popping my clogs on the table. I know it's the only certainty in this life, but not ready to pop off this mortal coil just yet!
2. I have a sweet tooth, do I have the willpower for a band long term - would the bypass be better? Can I change my mind on procedure at the eleventh hour?
3. Can I justify spending £7500 just on me in the current climate.

There is only one certainty, I am really unhappy with my current size.

Any advice?

Yes.

Take a deep breath and calm down.

Go and do something else for half an hour, have a bubble bath or something, mow the lawn, whatever, just anything that will distract you.

Then come back and answer the questions yourself, cos in all honesty none of us can answer them for you x

:hug99:

shel x

Hugs Corey... I have had my fair share of wobbles too, and Im sure most others have. Its a major thing you are doing, and you are paying for yourself. You wouldn't be human if you had no doubts.

Only you can decide what it best for you hun. The band is going to require lots of willpower to beat your sweet tooth.

Some banders will be along soon hun who can give far better advice than I can.

Hi Corey I agree with shelbel Calm down. I think I can honestly say we've all been there you need to sit and calmly write down the pro's and cons, as for can you justify spending this on your self think about can you justify not too you are so worth it chick you deserve to be happy and be the size you want to be It's not easy but if you are determined you will get there Good luck xXx

Only you can answer that qusetion, and its natural to have wobbles about the op be led by your eating habbits as to which is better for you and if you feel that the band is not for you you need to ask your provider know about changing to a bypass as it will be too late afterwards and you will be even more unhappy. Have some quiet time then come back and talk through your questions with your nearest and dearest and then choose a plan of action.

Big hugs to you.

I really had the wobbles pretty much until the point I was under anathestic (last wed). For what it's worth, since you are having the band then everything you are doing is reversable... and if you regret it - - which is unlikely -- then you could take it out again.

Only you can know what's right for you, but think the panic thing is a part of the process.

Hugs
Yoyo

Hi Corey

Im having my band fitted on Saturday and a couple of days ago I felt just as you do, its very normal to have these feelings after all we are making a life changing decision.

As others have said nobody can decide what is right for you but dont doubt that you are worth it! whatever you decide.

Hugs - Mazza x

Hi Corey, hope you are feeling a bit better now. As Shellbell says, none of us can make your mind up for you. However - here are some thoughts:

Re. Sweet tooth. I used to be a major chocolate monster. However, since the band (well, since the milk diet actually - I had it with Vanilla and just the thought of that milky sweetness makes me feel sick) I have not felt like much sugar at all. I enjoy eating a yohurt or 2 a day (the new chocolate flavoured Mullerlights are lush) and a bit of Splenda on my porridge. However, I can honestly say I don't feel like sugar. I think sugar is an addiction and after a break from it - you don't feel like it. Obviously it is up to you not to re-enter the world of sugar fixes but the band really does make a difference to taste of food.
Dying on the operating table: you will have read the stats. I think anyone with a bit of imagination worries about this one. I certainly did. However, for me it was do it or gradually become more and more disabled. Losing a couple of stone here and there, putting it back on and more etc blah blah - we've all been there.
7 + Grand: Yes, a lot of money but how much does it cost to buy your future? Of course you deserve it, it's not like you are frittering it away on sweets and comics and gambling etc. I'm sure your family members would agree.
You have already decided that this is the path you want to take, but it is up to you if you continue with this path or turn back and walk down the hill.
Maybe as Shellbell says, take your mind off it for a while by distracting yourself with something else?

I really need your help! Please forgive me if this post goes all over the place, I have so much stuff going through my head, that I'll probably just write it all down out of order and as a result will be bouncing backwards and forwards and all over the place.

As you all know I am due to have my band fitted in just under two weeks, but am now wondering if I am doing the right thing and have numerous reasons for wondering this.
1. Petrified of popping my clogs on the table. I know it's the only certainty in this life, but not ready to pop off this mortal coil just yet!
2. I have a sweet tooth, do I have the willpower for a band long term - would the bypass be better? Can I change my mind on procedure at the eleventh hour?
3. Can I justify spending £7500 just on me in the current climate.

There is only one certainty, I am really unhappy with my current size.

Any advice?

Hi Corey,
I think how your feeling is totally normal I reckon we all worry about the clog poppin thing, and if you dwell on those thoughts its a panicky spiral down isnt it. So stop it lol and think positive! You are going to look so gorgeous and feel so good when that weight comes off. Your gonna feel great and look great and your confidence is going to soar! clothes shopping is going to be wonderful, and oooo its going to be a whole new beginning!:) Like yoyo no more says it can always come out but you wont want it to cos its going to work!!
And you so should be spending that money on yourself whether the climates good or bad cos your worth it every penny! (I never feel bad about spending money on myself lol:))
Put out positive thoughts Corey and take deep breaths xx

HI Corey,

I agree with Shel your having a case of the wobbles which is perfectly normal. However, the money you are spending is a lot and you need to be sure your getting the right op. I have a sweet tooth and had a band nearly 3 years ago and although i lost a lot of weight early on, due to problems I had im having a revision to bypass next week. I found that everything was ok to begin with, I was losing lots of weight and felt well, but when the problems started I got really down and turned to my old favourite 'chocolate' and then I stopped losing weight. I'm not trying to out you off your decision but hopefully helping you. I wish I had had a bypass first time round and I wouldn't be on 2 nd op now..

Good luck with whatever you decidex

Hi Hun I feel for you I really do. I am due my op on 30th and I have all the thoughts you are having.

Just remember that the band works for those people that want it to work. It is the same with bypass. There are people failing with bypass just as there are with banding,

As long as you are confident that you have done all the research and made your decision then keep faith and enjoy the rest of your life in the body you have always wanted.

Hi everyone,

I had a good long soak in the hot tub earlier and had a good long think about everything, and went back to basics, thinking about my first thoughts on having the surgery the reasons why I wanted it, the reasons why I needed it. That was at a time before I had done all the research, before I had made an appointment to meet a consultant. At that time I knew without doubt that this was the option. Then came the research. Now they say knowledge is power, perhaps in certain circumstances, but the knowledge gained through research for the band has sown seeds of doubt, in this case, knowledge is a hindrance and not power. I made up my mind a long time ago that this was the route to take, and for now, I am going to forget about everything I have learnt, and concentrate on the finish line - where I am standing as an average size fella who can go into any shop and know that they will have trousers and shirts in my size - and for the first time in a long time, it won't be the changing cubicle that's the only thing I can squeeze into.

Hey Corey don't you back out now lol. your having your op same day as me and I'need you to walk beside me down the loserville road lol. You're going to be fine with the band. Which ever you chose to do you would be questioning it and wondering if you should have the other. Sooo chill out, stop tormenting yourself and look forward to getting the op over and done with. Good luck xx Gaynor xx

i totally agree with your comments gaynor !!!

Back