• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Training 20 Oct 2010

I work for a water company but it's office based controlling treatment works remotely. All computerised.

I work 12.5 hour shifts but live 40 miles away from work so it's a long trip either side. It makes a long day. Normally out of the house about 14-15 hours!

But I still like to do a bit on the X-Trainer and do some bench presses when I'm home!

I completely feel your pain. I work 55miles away from my workplace .. and often get up early to go to the 6:45am gym classes near my workplace.

My days are not normally 15hrs, nearer 11hr days .. but I have been known to do 15 hr days and then get home and do more. Sick! However I'm going to change that!

I went out for about an hour around our local lake. I`m trying to walk a little further each day, only problem is when I get back I`m desperate for a pee! Must be all these liquids I have to get through each day.
My little westie thinks I`m trying to walk his legs off, before he had to make do with the walk to the park - 10 mins off the lead then home again. Wish they would build loos on my route then I could go further each day without worrying whether I`m going to make it back in time.

Best wishes Kat x

Well done!! Are you pleased you achieved your exercise goal for the day? I would be if I were you :)

As for the loo situation try a portapotty as Dotty suggested lol. I used to worry about that too when I went out jogging ,... but it soon transpired I lost the fluid via sweat. I tend not to drink an hour and a half before long car journeys and that works for me ... may be you could try that with your walks?

I've just eaten :eek:

I did 1 hour spin and then 1 hour Body Combat. Couldn't stretch to weight training ... was feeling too light-headed anbd hungry after the two classes and it was getting late ... the gym closes at 10pm and Body Combat finished at 9:20pm today.

I tried though :eek:

Great session :D

Oh cah-ching you have made me feel bad - there is no way I could do spin or circuits as everyone at my gym seems to be stick thin and can keep going forever. I do wish they would do 'beginner' classes - even my daughter who is mega fit (runs half marathons) looks like she is going to die after a spinning class. I have suggested they offer less strenuous classes so that people like me (who would like to do it but need breaking in gently) can join and they did tell me to just join in and work at my own pace but when everyone else is doing the standing up riding uphill and you are sat on the cycle looking like you need a paramedic it is just embarrasing. Think I need to do other things more first to improve my general fitness levels.

Oh cah-ching you have made me feel bad - there is no way I could do spin or circuits as everyone at my gym seems to be stick thin and can keep going forever. I do wish they would do 'beginner' classes - even my daughter who is mega fit (runs half marathons) looks like she is going to die after a spinning class. I have suggested they offer less strenuous classes so that people like me (who would like to do it but need breaking in gently) can join and they did tell me to just join in and work at my own pace but when everyone else is doing the standing up riding uphill and you are sat on the cycle looking like you need a paramedic it is just embarrasing. Think I need to do other things more first to improve my general fitness levels.

I also think you need to remember why you are getting fit .. for you! DOn't feel bad for sitting down. I sit down when I don't fancy a track they're playing etc.
I am just shy of 21St ... every single class I attend is frequented by slim people ... I am ALWAYS the heaviest in the class. No one looks at me. If they do look at me I simply do not care I refuse to let people at a gym I pay membership for dictate whether I get fit or not because I happen to be fat and they don't like the look of me. My health is not in their hands.
Once you do the class you're one step closer to getting fitter and being able to do it properly. When I struggle i keep the above thought in mind. :hug99:

Thanks - right I am going to do it. I wish you lived near me as your exercise regime sounds exhausting but fun!

I am going to get my stuff organised now and get down the gym later. Will let you know how I get on.

Many thanks!! x

Thanks - right I am going to do it. I wish you lived near me as your exercise regime sounds exhausting but fun!

I am going to get my stuff organised now and get down the gym later. Will let you know how I get on.

Many thanks!! x

Well done ... I'm so very very very happy for you!!!

Honestly I can't do everything and I'm by no means perfect, however I do push myself as far as I can (which varies some days - this is normal!).

Mixman didn't start cycling when he lost the 200+Ibs, he started after his op. So he would've been a fat guy on a bicycle! He didn't let anyone stand in his way and look what he has achieved.

Well done for getting to the gym. Let me know how you got on and what you did.

XX :woohoo:

Whooo . . . well did not exactly exert myself today thought I would just try and get back into the swing of things and it was really quiet in there. So I did 30 minutes power walking at an incline of 3.5 and at 5.5 (km per hr?) then I did just 20 minutes on a bike (my legs were REALLY hurting by this stage!) and then I finished off with a 20 minute swim.

Feeling inspired but will have to check out the times of the classes as they are a bit all over the place during half term.

Thank you for your advice cah ching! x

Whooo . . . well did not exactly exert myself today thought I would just try and get back into the swing of things and it was really quiet in there. So I did 30 minutes power walking at an incline of 3.5 and at 5.5 (km per hr?) then I did just 20 minutes on a bike (my legs were REALLY hurting by this stage!) and then I finished off with a 20 minute swim.

Feeling inspired but will have to check out the times of the classes as they are a bit all over the place during half term.

Thank you for your advice cah ching! x

No need to thank me. It wasn't me that did it .. you DID IT!!! Well done!! :clap:

I bet you feel a million dollars??!! :553:

Back