• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Trapped wind its a killer

Karen19745

Hi all I'm feeling fine apart from the trapped wind it's really killing me. I was drinking peppermint but the nurses said I'm only supposed to be drinking water so I haven't had it today.

The other girls are burping and farting and I would do anything for a big fart lol xxx

Moving about helps.

lady,s lady,s u need 2 but a warning on these post,s telling us guy,s 2 avoid them lol 2m much info 4 my lickle mind (get the air freshener)lol

Wind mill arms might help. xx

Yep definately get moving if you possibly can. Its a killer to get going but it really does help the gas and helps to avoid DVT.

As for avoiding all but water- seems to me if it helps you settle the gas and get in some fluids then some mint tea (probably cold at first) is a good idea.

Double check with the nurse though.

its def a curse - but ur body will eventually adapt. The best thing i found was remgel - was only thing that helped alleviate the pain and get rid of wind. They melt in your mouth so wasnt like I was eating anything.

Hope ur feeling better soon x

In the end I resorted to something called Windeze or Windeese, I cant remember how it was spelt. And I found it a wonderful help. It is a very tiny turquoise jell pill. Its effect on me was amazing. I had trouble with iron tablets disagreeing with me so had really bad trouble with trapped wind and compressed gasses in my new tummy. Please give them a try, you can get them at any supermarket. Ask your team first though, but I had absolutely no problem with them, all they did was give me tremendous relief.
Hope you feel better soon.
Lynne x

Bev had real problem with the trapped wind, funny at first though she was in considerable pain! First two - three days were obviously the worst. Would agree with the recommendations of the peppermint & windeze x

Thanks everyone, it has settled down now, I did get some remegel deflatine for trapped wind it helped a great deal, Karen x

I think this must be what's causing me so much pain at the moment. was up at 2am this mornig with horrible back and rib pain. Moving around helped a lot but I was shattered. Off to the chemists in a mo to ask for advice.

Back