• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Travelling home after surgery

suepat10

My op - if all goes to plan - will bein North London. The hospital does not have any parking.

The easiest way for me to get home would be a cab to St Pancras, a train to Ebbsfleet (2 stops - about 17 mins) and my partner would drive from there.

I was at a support group meeting last night and a lady who had her op a couple of years back advised me strongly not to travel on public transport home.

Did anybody else take public transport home afterwards or is it a big no-no. If it is I'm kind of kippered!!

Thank you x

I've got this train from St Pancras before and they are usually empty as they are sharing the Eurostar line but aren't the Eurostar service so nobody wants to catch it!

Thank you x

I've got this train from St Pancras before and they are usually empty as they are sharing the Eurostar line but aren't the Eurostar service so nobody wants to catch it!

maybe speak to your team, but if your'e like me you wil feel every bump and jolt xxx

Thank you for your help.

I would guess as they don't have parking there, they must come across this a fair bit so will have some knowledge of what people do, where they park etc.

I had an hours travel in the car and that was bad enuff. You will feel rough and to chew on getting trains and waiting about could be too much for you.And just incase someone gets too close and hurts you too.

Take care

Jo
xx

Cant your bf pick you up?Or get the cab to the station where he can.Dont forget a pillow for your tum under the seatbelt,and tell driver to take it easy over speed bumps!

I was almost crying on the way home in the car (my pain level when I left hosp was quite low) and was soooo exhausted just walking 10mins to where the car was parked!

You can feel EVERY bump in the road and couldn't imagine getting on the train as all the rocking of the carriage, starting and stopping.

Hope you manage to find a solution xxx

All i wanted to do on the way home was cuddle my pillow. xx

Like the others I felt every bump in the road being driven home with a pillow under my seatbelt. Some hospitals are funny about you leaving on your own never mind the public transport bit. While they dont allow parking they must allow pick ups so beg all your friends and family to come get you from there x x x

im still on waiting list for mine so from first hand experience i wouldnt know, but i did pick my cousin up after a gastric band, and from the pain she was in i would say worth every bit of the £30 parking fee! hope you sort a solution.xx

Thank you all. Fingers crossed the parking won't be too far away from the hospital.

But then, as my partner said when I had a chat with him last night, finding parking etc is his problem, not mine so to wind me neck in !!

Having had different types of surgery in the past i would STRONGLY suggest letting your partner collect you from the hospital. He's willing so LET HIM TAKE CARE OF YOU.They may not have parking as such, but there must be somewhere you can stop for a 'pick-up' as obviously cabs etc must do so.

I hope you get something sorted without too much difficulty. Good luck, and look after yourself.

is there no way your partner can bring a friend who could come on the ward 4 u while your partner just waits were the taxis pick up or cars drop off.if you are ready 2 go ie every thing is in place meds advice ect he would only have a short wait.

Erm I'm rather worried now I have a 3 hour journey home when I have my band fitted!
Good luck on your parking xxx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Back