• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Turned down AGAIN

Maphillips said:
Have you checked for sleep apnea as well

I have my sleep apnoea test on Tuesday/weds .. Picking the reader thing up from Papworth then doing test tues night and get results weds

MoonCake xXx

emmten said:
If you cannot afford private treatment, could you ask your doctor to do a more detailed health check. It is possible you could find another co-morbidity. You could be hypertensive, not for nothing is high BP called the silent killer. I only discovered mine when I had a stroke at 42!

I'm having a sleep apnoea test this week. My BP is normal x

MoonCake xXx

I had my apnoea test last night at home and they say it doesn't look abnormal but they want me to do an overnight test at the sleep clinic..

So I don't think I have it, so the fight continues for my funding

MoonCake xXx

Ohh mooncake what a pian in the butt for you. I dont understand how they can refuse if you fall within the NICE guidlines. Keep fighting. xx

So sorry to hear that but keep your chin up and keep fighting and appeal ask them do you have to put weight on to lose weight after may as well do it also get your mp to write a letter asking why they won't let you as would save nhs money

so sorry mooncake I know you were desperate for this too as for the nice guidelines they can be changed my pct is now bmi of 50 or over if you dont have the comobilities and thats above that they say they use nice so each pct can change their criteria at any time. Keep fighting hun

Cant remember what your weight or bmi is but if its not too bad try maybe for gastric balloon perhaps thats the cheapest option

Last edited:
Back