• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

ugh - time of the month....

WitchInWorthing

I don't get many periods (thank you implant!) but when I do they hit hard.....

Feeling very tender and bloated at the moment - and this is the first period I've had without the eating coping mechanisms.... I've walked and shopped and napped and so far stayed away from the carb fest and chocolate frenzy that I normally indulge in...

Out of interest, have people found their periods change much with losing lots of weight? I'm hoping mine will ease, any views?

Hope everyone is having a lovely bank holiday weekend...x x x x

Oh wow, I'm so with you there on the choc fest! Lol, that's how I have got through my periods for years! I didn't deny myself though...I just had a lot less than I normally would. I'm interested to know the answer to ur question about losing weight helping periods...I have endometriosis and was told once by a doctor that it would ease some of my pain. We shall see! Good luck though and I hope its over quickly! X x

I don't get many periods (thank you implant!) but when I do they hit hard.....

Feeling very tender and bloated at the moment - and this is the first period I've had without the eating coping mechanisms.... I've walked and shopped and napped and so far stayed away from the carb fest and chocolate frenzy that I normally indulge in...

Out of interest, have people found their periods change much with losing lots of weight? I'm hoping mine will ease, any views?

Hope everyone is having a lovely bank holiday weekend...x x x x

One of the consultants at Salford hospital told me due to my heavy periods and being constantly being low on iron,
He thought my periods would ease once the weight came off.
I was told it was in my best interest to have an mirena coil in the meantime.
Well...6 months later lots of temper,spots,headaches and constant bleeding I was at my wits end!
I wanted it out,but was advised to cope as it would get better.
Half way through the weightloss,the damn thing fell out!!!...all that time for nothing,doctor says it was down to me changing shape.
Well I'm 3 years post op,and my periods are worse than ever..they haven't improved and I'm on iron all the time,bloods checked regular..
I was told I could have other things done to improve them,but at the minute I'm just putting up with the nusinance and near labour pains!!!....but it could be different for you.
I have heard they do improve for other women x

My periods had all but stopped due to my implant, my weight and having PCOS.
Now I'm losing weight they appear to be starting again. Grrrrrr.

Hope things ease up for you soon x

Having experienced life-threatening anaemia a few years ago due to fibroids, and being put on Tranexamic Acid to reduce the bleeding and mega dose Iron to keep my level good, I was delighted to be 50 and have only had three periods since last October. A major factor which contributed to my decision to have the WLS (ie no worry of blobbing for Britain in theatre). Oh the joy that I have had two periods in the six weeks post bypass. The first was too close to my op for me to take the anti-bleeding tabs so I was confined to the house (on liquids and in a heatwave of Biblical proportions!). Of course I have not been able to take my iron until after my four week post op bloods were done, and which inevitably showed an exclamation mark next to iron. Enough already!

im hoping mine improve as i bleed near continuously (a month of bleeding and then 2-3 days clear) and i take mefenamic constantly to lessen the heaviness (transexamic acid caused awful pain and swelling) cant imagine having them worsen

must remember to get my iron levels checked again. been off the tablets for a month now

Actually, mine stopped for years and years, which worried me, I think I had PCOS. Now that my weight is coming off, I have them again. So no, my weight loss has increased them but that's good in my opinion.

I have PCOS and pre surgery got a period every 5 months or so. Post surgery I get one every month, even though I'm on the mini pill and I'm not supposed to get any.

Me too now Paula :( Annoys the heck out of me. hadn't had them for six years.

i bet i live to regret saying this because I'm undoubtedly going to jinks myself. Anyway I PCOS however I have always been very regular but extremely painful. Pre op I was getting to the point that I couldnt cope wuth the pain every month and was going to ask for a hysterectomy. I have had 2 since my op and the 1st wss just as painful as they always have been. This month I have to say I have been very pleased that I have had no pain at all :). I hope this is the way things are going to stay but I'll not hold my breath lol x

I had very irregular periods before my first surgery( sleeve)....when i started loosing weight after surgery my periods went back to normal... Now ive regained the weight i lost, im back to irregular...missing most months....and when they do come they are way bad...cant wait for revision surgery...

I have found that any time I lose weight my periods become more regular. But the first time I got the implant I didn't have any periods (happy days).

At present I have just had an implant reinserted and i'm about day 16 of bleeding. Very light but it's annoying me greatly.

It's my first period on the implant and I have just had surgery 10 days ago and my period was already about 14 days late and I have also noted that the implant can cause prolonged bleeding (yay!). I am trying to ignore it and hope in vain that it will all settle as my closet is slowly looking like a mini tampon shop!

I have found that any time I lose weight my periods become more regular. But the first time I got the implant I didn't have any periods (happy days).

At present I have just had an implant reinserted and i'm about day 16 of bleeding. Very light but it's annoying me greatly.

It's my first period on the implant and I have just had surgery 10 days ago and my period was already about 14 days late and I have also noted that the implant can cause prolonged bleeding (yay!). I am trying to ignore it and hope in vain that it will all settle as my closet is slowly looking like a mini tampon shop!

Omg day 16! U poor thing, id have gone insane by now. Loving the tampon shop quote! Lol x

Omg day 16! U poor thing, id have gone insane by now. Loving the tampon shop quote! Lol x

Day 21 today! I think i'm trying to beat the guinness world record or something. I will give it another week and if it doesnt disappear I will go back to my docs as it is starting to really get on my nerves. I am excusing it for the mo as I said before, i've been through quite alot of upset with the op and i'm just back on the implant but it's bound to be taking a toll on me, but at least it's light. I will get there! :)

Iv been bleeding for nearly 11 months now since about last October time I got worried last December so went for a smear test came back clear and iv been to my doctors numerous times and they don't seem to acknowledge it and there not worried so I'm just having to put up with it and some days it just really gets me down! It's really heavy bleeding aswell (TMI) clots the lot! I problely get 2 half a days a week where I don't bleed and that's it :(

Back