• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

UGH!!!

Snow White

Why, why , why!!! I can' have food as my go to. Things at home are becoming more and more awkward. Silly me thinking the OH would be happy for me. Boooooo!! I can see why so many marriages don't survive surgery.

don't know what to say , just didn't want to read & run , huggs sweetie , hope things improve for you xx

Thanks hun, it's just getting increasingly frustrating. xxxx

Marriages fail through not talking with each other.

I know you prob need to vent some anger etc. here, but try having a conversation with your partner.

It's not easy on our partners this WLS thing. Seeing us all depressed etc before the op, all of our emotions after we decided to go for it, but then get second thoughts. Then post op seing us in such pain a discomfort, where they do not know what to do or say. To then the next stage when we start to get happier as the weight comes off, then we stall and get upset again etc etc. They see you talking with a new bunch of friends (fellow WLS people) and can be excluded from that too.

All in all a bit of a rollarcoaster ride that although they may have 'signed up to' when they said 'of course I'll support you' but, what the hell do our poor partners know they are signing up for?

I really do hope you can talk things through with eachother, cause if you're feeling peed off/upset etc. then the chances are so is your partner.

can't think of anything better to say than muttley :) take care and i hope you manage to sort things out x

He is s bloke bless him. They love a problem to fix but aren't overly good with the emotional side. Do you think that he is worried that the fab new you will take yourself off to a fab new life and leave him behind. He may be feeling vunerable and sees your achievements as taking you further away. But like I said he is a bloke and may not be able to verbalise this. Try a bit of reassurance he may just be worried. If that fails and he is just being a Pratt then shave his eyebrows off while he's asleep. It wont help but it will make you laugh lol xx

To be honest I have spent 10 years trying to fix him. I don't think I have it in me no more.

I know that feeling , one day I just thought " I can't do this any more "
Trying from one side is hard work xx

Sorry you are finding things tough Mel. I dont know what to say really other than after being divorced many years ago - I would rather be single any time than in an unhappy relationship. I hope things get sorted soon.

I know what you mean about not being able to turn to food anymore I've been finding that bit of the op difficult lately too, we may be stressed but we wont be fat :)

Hugs to you xx

I know how you feel. I have been with my hubby 23 years and married 19. Its so hard being in a long term relationship. There has been times when I thought we had nothing in common and no future but then we started talking properly and not just about school and work and now where better than we ever were. Just make sure that if it doesnt work out that you dont look back and regret anything xx

(((((hugs))))) hope it all works out for you honey xxx

Thank you everyone for your advice and good wishes. I suppose what bothers me most is that he didn't have to deal with the usual post surgery stuff. Because I was abroad. It was biz as usual as far as he was concerned. The problem isn't a new one. We have been in trouble a long time. Indifference has set in now. I struggle to care anymore. xxx

Awwww (hugz) we all here for you.. Xxx hope tomorrow's a better day x

That's how I was Mel , I would say the last 6yrs of my marriage we lived separate lives . A friend once commented that you could feel the atmosphere change when he got home :(
Of you need a chat you can always message me xx

hope you get through this , stay strong and don't rush into making any decisions

Kate xx

Thanks guys!! I am just fed up and weekends are the worst. Every trigger seems to be hit. Luckily a big mac would make me heave. lol

Luckily a big mac would make me heave. lol

When McD beckons, I always think of the line from Dr Graeme Garden (of "The Goodies" fame - some of you may have read about it in history at school) when asked to complete a popular saying:

"Fools rush in....
...When McDonalds open"

Oh, and my bad re advice re weight and your relationship issues, I obviously must have misinterpreted your originally post, so apologies for that.

Muttley1900 said:
When McD beckons, I always think of the line from Dr Graeme Garden (of "The Goodies" fame - some of you may have read about it in history at school) when asked to complete a popular saying:

"Fools rush in....
...When McDonalds open"

Oh, and my bad re advice re weight and your relationship issues, I obviously must have misinterpreted your originally post, so apologies for that.

Don't be silly. It was good advice not knowing all the details. I have not resorted to the big mac. But, let's just say this weekend is most unpleasant and am longing for work tomorrow xx

Back