• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

uh oh big fat fail

rayner

Kicking screaming and everything else i can think of... day 1 on my slimfast diet and i have stuffed my face :cry: im am so angry with myself right now:mad:...... why why why grrrrrrrr:confused:

Ok write it off start tomorrow but if you truly want this you must do it or you jeopardise your own success, distraction is the key on my milk diet I drank loads of diet coke - are u allowed something like this? Might keep you feeling full, then lots if DVDs, books, nail painting, baths - whatever it takes as you are going to have to do it post op. Good luck xx

is this the 1st day of ur pre op?? u CAN do this,youve come so far to risk stuffing ur op chances up now,get straight back on track tomorrow x good luck x

Before the hit squad sees your post and you get shanked within an inch of your self esteem. Stop beating yourself up and move on. You did something stupid no question. This is a struggle. How bad do you want this? It's yours and it's the greatest gift you will ever get. Now dust the chocolate crumbs off yourself and jump on that horse!

Why wait till tomorrow ... Get back on that wagon now :)

Deep breathes! Like it's been said write it off and start fresh. If you keep beating yourself up you will do it again and you won't do it all. Then you won't get your surgery. I think some people don't find the pre op diet too difficult. Others find find it very hard. I've been on it 5 days. Until today I really felt I couldn't cope and it made me scared about how I was going to cope after. I woke up today completely different. I've hit ketosis and my mood and energy has lifted and I even went shopping in a supermarket with food everywhere today for my mum and it didn't bother me. My appetite has almost disappeared. So what I'm saying is stick with it and you will feel so much better and have renewed confidence and excitement for you surgery and life after. Use you support system and these boards to get through it. Good luck x

Snow White said:
Before the hit squad sees your post and you get shanked within an inch of your self esteem. Stop beating yourself up and move on. You did something stupid no question. This is a struggle. How bad do you want this? It's yours and it's the greatest gift you will ever get. Now dust the chocolate crumbs off yourself and jump on that horse!

What a great post. Made me giggle, but nod at the same time lol

Hi try not to be too hard on yourself, you've slipped up but you can do this just keep your eye on the goal and take it a day at a time, big hugs xxxx

Thank you every 1 for your support... and yes this is my chance and all my savings !!..... hence why i was so mad.... its that dam devil on my shoulder..... onwards and upwards tomorrow is another day..... xxxxxxxxxx

Yes i can have diet drink... yayyyyyy gonna be burping all day tomorrow.... gonna be positive and kick that devil on my shoulder to the curb xxx

Dont heap too much pressure on yourself take it an hour/half day/say at a time - early nights are the way forward for you :) xx

I was told that vanilla flavoured milk stops craving in the milk diet and so had a frigg vanilla flavour milk shake every day for a meal it didn't only fill me but definately helped with the cravings. One of my nurses told me that and I have since heard it from a few people. Also had loads of squash and water as I don't like plain water. I lost 15 pounds on that so may help you.

I had to do the milk diet from the 2nd to the 28th - 26 days !!!! after the 3rd, 4th day it is a breeze. I never felt hungary, just oddly craved the texture of food.
Just start back on the road from NOW...
Just think of the new you that will emerge once this is all over... and of course the money you are spending.
I had mine on the NHS and it took well over a year to get to the point of having the op and with all the dietician checks along the way and the threat that if we did not loose or maintain, we would be given another 6 months monitoring before they would consider the op.
I was so sh*&^ scared that I did not put a foot wrong. I am 63 years old and did not have another day to waste !!

So, forget what has happened, start right now.. not tomorrow.. and I am sure that everyone on this forum will be rooting for you

xx

Hi Stick with it - after 3 days you will go into ketosis and wont feel hungry. I just bought some slim fast as worried I wont have lost the weight before my appointment in July to get on the waiting list. I am going to try this tomorrow. Best of luck!

I found it took until I woke up on day 5 before ketosis kicked it, it was very hard before that but it's so worth sticking it out for ketosis because it's so much easier then. Good luck Rayner and to Borogirl too :) x

How are you doing rayner? Hope you are going for it. It's worth it. My liver shrank and I lost 13lbs in two weeks. Only time I didn't stick to it was when I ate some cucumber, as I missed gnawing on something! X

Hope you managed to get back on track today rayner xx

By the way the slimfast diet wont be putting you into ketosis (as some have suggested you will be), its not low carb after all :confused: but it will shrink your liver so that its easier for the surgeon to move it - which is the whole point.

Stick with it :D

please some one tell me this is the hardest part !!!! :) Im going on the info that i have read that you do not get hungry straight after the bypass so its easier to stick to liquids ?? xxx

Back