• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

uh-oh....

chubby funster

Its properly started.... I'm losing more hair than chewbacca shedding his winter coat! Time to get creative with styles shortly!

Sent from my Galaxy SII using WLSurgery

Its properly started.... I'm losing more hair than chewbacca shedding his winter coat! Time to get creative with styles shortly!

:giggle:

oh honey im so sorry :( if you try something choppy and spikey it prolly wont show :) xxx

I started shedding very quickly after surgery but still had a perm at about 8 wks post op, as long straight hair I usually sport was looking lank & lifeless making me look older as my face had thinned a lot very quickly. The perm one of those wash & leave it types has been great gives me back a more youthful look with fullness & bounce despite the shedding without looking like mutton dressed as lamb . Lol

Oh dear,

On a postive note I'm sure you'll find some funky new choppy style to suit this new slim image you're creating :):)

I was done in feb and still shedding now, luckily I had very thick hair and there's really only my fringe looking very thin.

Keep your spirits up sweet ... it seems to be quite normal & hopefully will regrow in a few months ... this op is all about tradeoffs :sigh: but better short hair than short life. mwah mwah :):):)

I thought it'd started a while ago. But it wasn't until i ran my fingers through my hair at work yesterday and a blooming clump came out! Of course i left it and my morbid fascination didn't kick in... I definitely did not continue to see how much was coming out... No sir.... Ok maybe a little check!
I had short hair for years until i saw a photo and realised i looked quite butch. But i might just give it another whirl! Its not a shock and only a minor thing in what hopefully be a life changing process!

Thanks guys btw!!! X

The positive side is it does stop it's just our bodies getting used to the changes in diet etc. It's similar in told to the way we shed our hair after having our babies looks more dramatic than it is & new hair is constantly growing to replace it.

I left more hair round the house than the dogs,it was everywhere,in bed,on the floor,down cushions on sofa!

Sorry to hear about this CF. I have been taking chewable Zinc caps since I started my milk diet.

Perhaps you could ask your hair dresser about what short style would suit you, check out some of the hair style sites on the internet, but as it's been said, it will grow back. Hugs n kisses coming your way sweetie. ;) xxx

It really is the pits isn't it. This product "Eqyss Mega Tek" has been recommended to me - its on its way so have yet to use it. Its a product for "Horses" but if you look online you will see that its used by humans too, particularly chemo therapy patients. Its a conditioner and not something you take internally. Apparently fantastic for nails as well, as it can be used on Hoofs!
I have also ordered "Biotin" - it cant make the loss stop but it can make the new hair growth stronger.

I don't think its something that can be prevented as I take plenty of protein and all vits and minerals. It certainly is a bit of a shock when it happens and I never thought that I would be doing the "Bobby Charlton Comb Over" in my life time!!!!

I already shed more than my dogs and I haven't even had surgery! I am scared of the hair loss as I don't have a lot to spare! I hope you are able to find a cute hairstyle you like! :)

Everywhere I go you find long dark brown hairs...it is terrible but fingers crossed it will not be a big problem in terms of appearance as I have lots of thick hair. It is a little scary to see so much hair falling out but I was prepared for it so not a shock.

How far post op are you? Do you eat at least 60g of protein a day? Are you taking biotin?

I ask since I'm trying my hardest not to lose any, I have fine hair...

I've been shedding more hair than normal since about 3weeks post op & it's still coming I'm now 15wks post-op. Wether it's because I struggle some days to keep my protein intake high enough as well as enough calories, but I'll get there.

Im about 16 weeks post op. Take all my vits, protein levels are a bit hit and miss but are there or there abouts. I was told by my team there is not an awful lot you can do to avoid it. Its a small price to pay for me x

I've got loads of long hair. I think I might cut it into a bob before surgery to I don't get as upset seeing it fall out.
My sister is a hairdresser so I'll post later on what they recommend. I know one of her patients had chemo and she ordered something in that helped. I'll let you know what I can find out..
xx

Back