• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Un well :-(

lisa1983

Hello
last week I was told to re go back on liquids for 3day as I was being sick:-(

But yesterday I was sick again twice on liquids then to top it off I been up all nite with v bad belly can't keep water down:-(
I've got no food in me

Also where my port is that all swollen and have gone hard I have call thg and somone ment to be calling me back

But today I feel horrible had to cancel going a work today
Is any one else going throw the same??

I've had my band done at thg on 25/8/12
X

Oh Lisa that sounds awful - I know this is going to sound obvious but I wouldn't try eating or drinking anything until they speak to you - they may get you to go to to your GP for anti sickness meds- all thy retching has probably iterated the port - Hope you get the call soon x

Although I don't have a band lisa, I really sympathise, as I suffer with nausea a lot since the bypass. Hope someone from gets back to you quickly, and they get to the bottom of the problem xx

Hello girls

Thg just called me and said I prob irrated my band that why my belly swollen and hard
she also think that me being sick as made my band tight.
And have recommended me have a small d fill as they but 4ml in when i had my band done

Which I could go to London today to have but I can't as I can't get off the loo:-( and i live in bristol so it is a trek:-(
so I got to wait till Wednesday then there in Bristol and hopfully by then It may be settled down!!
I've been told to only have liquids today and try to eat mush food Tom

I kinda feel I've failed as I seen to keep being sick just on liquids when I did liquids now on mush :-(

Feeling a little sorry for my self today prob lack of sleep didn't help either

Thanks again for all ur advice

Glad they called u back, I know its hard but sip little and often with the drink and try not to get too stressed out as this wont help it will only make the band even tighter. So relax put ya feet up and remember sip little and often. Wishing u all the best - BD x

Am so sorry to hear that things are like this and you're struggling wellness wise :( does sound like the initial fill has been too much for you. Hope you get things sorted, but what a shame you have to wait until wednesday :(

If you ever over do it etc then your port area does go solid....I've had it happen and nausea etc will def stress it all out.....whenever I've had things go wrong (through my own doing for whatever reason....ie pushing it!) I take it back and go onto liquid only for at least 2 days to let it all settle.....push it on and it just takes longer and gets more irritated xx

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

top_kat said:
Am so sorry to hear that things are like this and you're struggling wellness wise :( does sound like the initial fill has been too much for you. Hope you get things sorted, but what a shame you have to wait until wednesday :(

Thank u
It horrible I keep being sick I no it horrible I got to wait till Wednesday :-( but I can't get it done sooner I hope am not ill till Wednesday tho :-(

JO28172 said:
If you ever over do it etc then your port area does go solid....I've had it happen and nausea etc will def stress it all out.....whenever I've had things go wrong (through my own doing for whatever reason....ie pushing it!) I take it back and go onto liquid only for at least 2 days to let it all settle.....push it on and it just takes longer and gets more irritated xx

It make sense if u over do it it will go hard but tbh I don't think I've over done it but am always on the go do I prob have,

I started back on liquid Tuesday for 3 day due to being I'll yesterday was first day to eat mush and can't eat but finger x it will settle v soon

Thanks again for ur advice x

lisa1983 said:
It make sense if u over do it it will go hard but tbh I don't think I've over done it but am always on the go do I prob have,

I started back on liquid Tuesday for 3 day due to being I'll yesterday was first day to eat mush and can't eat but finger x it will settle v soon

Thanks again for ur advice x

Hope it sorts soon Hun x

Thinking of you hun sending healing angels your way hope your feeling better soon xxx

Lisa you may dehydrate if you cannot keep fluid down, have you called your local hospital/a&e, in case they may have a bariatric surgeon/nurse who could see you/possibly do a wee aspiration?

flutterby1966 said:
Lisa you may dehydrate if you cannot keep fluid down, have you called your local hospital/a&e, in case they may have a bariatric surgeon/nurse who could see you/possibly do a wee aspiration?

I have phone my emergency doctor who would not come out only to tell me that I need to keep drinking and to take diralite to replenishing me. And if I don't feel well in couple hours phone back do took my self
to my local hospital they said no they haven't got any way of doing a d fill
and at moment am not d high drated they given me injection to stop sickness
But southmead another hospital local has

I called them and they haven't got a nurse on at weekends:-(

I been told by hop if I keep drinking I will keep some down and bring so up so gonna keep drinking so far I've manged to drink 325ml of fluid and then bring so up :-(

Gonna try to have a hot drink in bit

Thanks for everyone advice x x

Back