• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Unsure what to aim for...any ideas ?

emma-louise

my new life!!
Just wondering... I havent been given a target weight by my hospital or dietician.
And tonite it got me wondering...what do you think a good weight is for someone who is 5.1 ?
I was 19.3 and managed to get down to 11.5 but now due to a naughty medication! In up to 11.10,so trying my best to get rid of this gained weight.
My weightloss has really slowed down... But still wonder what to aim for..,any ideas?

Im five foot one aswell... my start weight was 24st 2 and im now at 18st 11.
i would like to get to 10 stone, but realistically i will be happy to get to about 12.
i havnt been give a target either xx

Raynebubble said:
Im five foot one aswell... my start weight was 24st 2 and im now at 18st 11.
i would like to get to 10 stone, but realistically i will be happy to get to about 12.
i havnt been give a target either xx

Hi there..x

Yes even though I'm 11.10 and 5.1
I'm actually in a size 12 Jean and tops are 10/12....I was a 26!
I think people wouldn't think I'm a 12 at this weight still !
It would just be nice to know what to aim for,if I ever get there that is.

Hiya xx
maybe you should aim for what you feel confortable with, i so would love to be a size 12 lol... i have no idea what size i am at the moment... i think about 24 lol

i think to be a size you want to be is better than worrying about weight xx i'd like to be a size 12 :) gone form 26/28 to 20/22 already so hopefully will get there but i'm in no rush as would like to stay there when i get there and believe it took so many years to get to my size then will take a while to get back again xx

angiemason said:
i think to be a size you want to be is better than worrying about weight xx i'd like to be a size 12 :) gone form 26/28 to 20/22 already so hopefully will get there but i'm in no rush as would like to stay there when i get there and believe it took so many years to get to my size then will take a while to get back again xx

Yes..you are very right,I do love my new size.. It was just curiosity about the weight I should aim for x

i'm sure you'll be beautiful and stay that way whatever you decide and maybe as with some people your body will choose it's own ideal weight :) as long as you are healthy and take care of your body xx

angiemason said:
i'm sure you'll be beautiful and stay that way whatever you decide and maybe as with some people your body will choose it's own ideal weight :) as long as you are healthy and take care of your body xx

Thank you x

And you'll be in a 12 soon! I never thought I'd ever be buying that size ever again x
It feels like a pure miracle!

yes it definitely does :) my daughter is 28 and she can't remember me being slim she's really proud of what i have done so far my two sons never knew me slim at all :(

well ive still a long way to go but they are definitely proud of me :) i'll be happy when i can look and feel like you x

Hi Emma-Louise,

They say that on average bypassers will lose about 60% of their excess weight, whatever that is supposed to mean.

I am 5' 3" and started at 21st. I am aiming for 11-12st which is higher than 60%.

I say reach for the stars.

In seriousness I will stop when my body is happy, at the moment I am 14st 11lbs and showing no signs of slowing. When my body starts to fight the weight loss I will go with it.

I was a size 26-28 I am now a 16-18. I couldn't be happier, but will continue while I can.

Having said that a BMI of 27 would be great as then I would meet the criteria for funding to have excess skin removed.

Good luck.

Julie xx

I would be sooo happy to get down to 12 stone !! not in any great rush so will work with my sleeve when i have it as best i can :)

I am about 5' 8and a half. I am aiming for 11st but if you're in a size 12 at 10lb heavier than my goal and you're almost 7 inches shorter, maybe that will be too light for me! I am 15st 6lb at the moment and wearing a size 20 from a size 30. Anyone my height know what I should aim for?

Last edited:
I am between 5'2" and 5'3" and I weight 8 stone 13 pounds. I wear an XS and a size 6. I was also happy around 10 stone. It is very much a personal decision.

10 stone sounds ideal for ur height xx

my heaviest was 21 stone n my lightest since having kids was 13.9 n wen I look bk at pics I dont look to bad cud maybe do with a few more lbs off so my absolute aim is 12.13 in the 12s sounds much better than the 13s then if all well and gud maybe try getting down to 11 stone but anything under 12.13 wud be a bonus xx

safc_chick said:
10 stone sounds ideal for ur height xx

my heaviest was 21 stone n my lightest since having kids was 13.9 n wen I look bk at pics I dont look to bad cud maybe do with a few more lbs off so my absolute aim is 12.13 in the 12s sounds much better than the 13s then if all well and gud maybe try getting down to 11 stone but anything under 12.13 wud be a bonus xx

Thanks x

I know doctors say you should lose around 65-70% of your excess weight,so I wonder if my start weight was 19.3 and I'm 5.1, what would the answer be?
Would anyone know,I'm crap at maths x

I've just had a look on a weight conversion site n if its right for ur height u cud be 9 stone at 5.1 so that means roughly 10 stone excess, So I think that any thing over a 7 stone loss (70%) is considered success which wud give u a weight of 12 stone ish so anything more think of it as a huge!!!!!! success and ur below the 12 so a massive well done to you xx

Back