• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

UPDATE - Coventry Hospital

The Surgeons?

So after having an appointment today with one of Prof. Kumar's team, he told me he was going to refer me to the surgeons, im guessing this is a good thing, right? I have an app with the head doctor in June too.

Horrible thought..

I just thought, after all the appointments i've had with nutritionists, psycologist, Doctors and the surgeons, is it STILL possible that i might not get the surgery i need?

beckers said:
I just thought, after all the appointments i've had with nutritionists, psycologist, Doctors and the surgeons, is it STILL possible that i might not get the surgery i need?

Have you got your funding?

beckers said:
I have no idea at all, im not told much really i just attend my appointments lol

I had to do the same as you. My funding was the last thing they did. So I had the same fears as you. Especially as my hospital decided I wouldn't get funding.

But stay positive. You will get there :)

Phone your teams secretary and ask if you have been put forward for funding yet.

Sounds like u got funding to me, good luck sweet :) xxx

from me phone :D

I'd keep the faith if I was you, most times doctors will not make you go through all of these steps just to reject you at the end of it.
Best wishes with everything x

Missed Psyc appointment

I tried to re arrange my appointment with the psychologist, but the booking agent said as there were no times i could change to i would have to cancel it, then re arrange another one when i see another member of the team. Was this right, or has she scuppered my chance of having surgery? I still have my appointments with the dieticians and the surgeons later on in the year.

Coventry Hospital

Is there anyone else on here that is under Prof. Kumar and his team at Coventry/walsgrave hospital?

Slighty worried now!

I have my appointment with the psychiatrist in the morning and I'm very anxious now. I keep thinking he's going to talk to me then decide I'm not good for the surgery or something. Can anyone tell me what sort of things he's going to talk to me about or ask me?

My appointment was with a very lovely lady who asked me lots bout how I see myself, how I reward myself, how I need to find other ways of rewarding or punishing myself than with food... That sort of hint. They're not there to make judgments on suitability though so don't worry.

Hi Beckers. She's not going to stop you having the op, she's there to make sure you're psychologically ready for it and if your not she will get you ready with some counseling until you are ready.

Good luck, I'm sure it will go great. Let us know.

Kate x

Proffesor kumar

Has anyone here had any procedures done with Proffesor Kumar at Coventry and Warwickshire hospital (walsgrave) or in his previous placement?

There are lots of people who had their ops in the west mids but at other hospitals. I dont recall seeing anyone who had him as a surgeon but my OH was under him for endocrynology and dietician etc.

As you probably already know its tough to get funding in Coventry and Warwickshire!

I didn't know about the funding thing, but as I'm from Northamptonshire I assumed they would apply to Northampton pct? I attend Walsgrave as Northampton don't do bariatric surgery at all. You have me worried now.

Sorry I should have said I had my psychiatrist appointment in September and I see the surgeons in November. I see Proff. Kumar and his team for the endocrinology thing, and the dietician.

Well, as you didnt say you were from Northampton I assumed you were from the area :confused:

I have no idea about NHS funding other than how difficult it is where I live to get it.

Seems pretty standard though that another PCT will fund an op in an area where its pretty much impossible to get funding.

Postcode lottery, grr.

Good luck on your journey :D

Back