• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Update, news and date.

Emma Louise

Hello Everyone!

I havent posted on here properly for a looooong time and so much has happened to me since then it is a bt surreal to be honest.

This may be long so i want to say thank you to those who bother to read it :)

Well i was on here about this time last year when my weight loss surgery journey started. I had been to see my doctor and was referred to the obisity clinic where i was seeing the consultant and dietition who told me that before they would consider applying for funding i would have to lose 4 stone. Which, believe me, if i could do that i wouldnt be going down the surgery trail. So i struggled along, losing a stone and a half from August to November till i couldnt shift anymore. In January the Obisity Clinic told me they could put me on Reductil which would make me feel less hungry, but then they were discontinued.
I was then told that i was only entitled to 6 months with the dietition which i had already exhausted and that my next appointment with the Consultant would be sent to me in due course.

So i was basically left to deal with my situation on my own, weighing over 400lbs and feeling more and more like a failure.

My mum had a weight loss operation (which i told some of you about before) and it went so wrong that during the operation her stomach was punctured, she developed an absses and a hernia, when they took her back to theatre to help her they punctured her bowel which lead to a whole heap of other complications like her having to wear a colostomy bag for over 12 months. She still suffers complications now 14 years later, which i have tried to help her with.
So for me to have actually come around to the idea of having weight loss surgery is a big thing, having seen my mum go through what she has.

So from about February to now i've heard nothing from the consultant about an appointment (have rung a few times but never seem to get an answer).

I was feeling pretty low, i finished uni in May (i seemed to be able to distract myself while i had a dissertation to concentrate on!) and decided to take control of the situation as i still was losing much weight.
My mum told me that she wanted to help me as she could see that i was becoming more and more miserable. So we started researching different private clinics and finally came across one that seemed to have a good follow up package, good price, and the surgeon is REALLY qualified. Its a company called Cosmetic Bliss and they have a base not too far away from me and the surgery takes place in Czeck Republic.

Ideally i would love to have my surgery here in the uk. But i have no money. I cant get a loan in my name because noone will employ me being so big. I also struggle to walk so i cant really do anything manual. So my parents have stepped in, a fact that i hate, i am a proud person. So they have got a loan out from the bank and paid for it last week and on Friday i got my date!

I fly out from Stanstead on the 12th September, my sleeve operation is on the 14th September and then i'm back home on the 17th September.

I'm completely terrified.
But i turned 22 on the 10th August and i would rather have it now than in 10 years time when i am twice as big and near death.

Wow... you've been thru alot already!

Sounds like you have great support from yr parents & that your dedicated to losing this weight for good!

I'm having my bypass on the 9th Sept so will be with you on yr journey at the same stage!

Good luck with it all & look forward to following yr progress. xx

i just want to wish you all the best and send luck! your very brave going abroad!! so i admire you for that.....ill be interested to see how you get on as i am to waiting for a sleeve xx

Good luck with everything hun. My sleeve is the best thing I've ever done for myself xx

oooo im so excited sweetpea about mine eeeek i want it now ha xx

Thanks everyone! Its lovely knowing your supported by people you've never even met!

Thanks ditzeeblonde! Ooooo, yours is soon too! Good luck! I'll be on hand if you need support!

Thanks Kelly! I've been reading all your threads with such interests, youve been asking some of the questions i am a bit scared to! So a great big thank you for that!

Tiaras and tantrums, you are amazing. You have done so well! I only hope i can do as well as you!

Thanks guys :) xxxx

Whoever gave me rep for this post, THANK YOU!!

Gosh i had forgotten how lovely and uplifting you all are! I appreciate it all. xxxx

good luck wishing all the best xxx

im abit of a pain with the old asking questions hahhahaha but if you dont ask you'll never know right! xxx

Good luck & take care. I will watch out eagerly for you to post on here when u return!! So don't forget ;-)

haha! Thanks J-mo! I'll make sure i remember :D xxxxx

I remember you :) Mainly because i remember your dilemma with having surgery after your mom's experience...

All the best of luck with your surgery, look forward to hearing all about your surgery xx

I remember you too Emma Louise for the same reason as Julie. I'm so glad you have booked your surgery and its lovely to hear your mum backing you despite her difficult experience. Just wanted to wish you lots of luck and i'll keep your place on the losers bench warm until you get back x

Hi Emma Louise

thanks so much for sharing your story with us. I want to wish you all the best for your surgery and pray that all goes very, very smoothly for you. Well done too, on allowing your lovely parents to help you with this.

May I suggest that you keep logging on to the site until you go, to make friends, get loads of information and get loads of support?

Like you, I joined last year and then disappeared because surgery seemed to such a distant possibility. Bad Decision! (for me, I mean)

When I meandered back on here, a month before my surgery, I found such love, support, an absolute wealth of information, laughs...and wonderful friendship. This site is an utter treasure to people in our position.

Keep posting and you'll soon get to know people....and that will stand you in such good stead both pre-op (as the nerves begin to build) and also post-op, as you need advice and support from people further down the line than you.

Bless you

Charis xxxx

Good luck, we will be thinking of you and sending loads of love and healing your way, please keep in touch and take special care xxxxx

Thanks guys, i remember phatmomma and Gaelic girl from last year when i was on here, glad your both still here!!

Charis, thank you so much for your words of encouragement. I will keep coming on here to stay on track. You've not long since had surgery, how are you feeling now? You had it on my 22nd birthday! :)

Thanks guys, i remember phatmomma and Gaelic girl from last year when i was on here, glad your both still here!!

Charis, thank you so much for your words of encouragement. I will keep coming on here to stay on track. You've not long since had surgery, how are you feeling now? You had it on my 22nd birthday! :)

HI Emma Louise
I had quite a rough time, but it's a week today since surgery and I feel pretty good now! I'm now managing to eat, drink, keep it all down, potter about a bit and had a shower today which was lovely. Sounds like not much but considering how poorly I was it just goes to show what a fast recovery we can make.
and Happy Birthday for last week love!
and when do you get your results of your degree? What was it in?

I'm slowly (very slowly) slogging away at a Masters in Theology but it's home study and hard going.

Back