• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

UPDATE Sunderland wait times - confirmed by mr small's secretary

That's good to know Rolanda - saves ringing them every day if you know the letter isn't going to come until 6 weeks before. Although, some people do seem to have got in a little earlier by ringing regularly so no harm in trying.

Sorry to hear about your endoscopy Karen - hope you get those ulcers sorted soon and then on the list x

im glad she managed to give you some time guides at least you know what you are aiming towards.

now i am at the final hurdle just waiting for a date the time seems to be insignificant when it comes it comes, if i get a cancellation great if not then early 2011 is my time. mind saying that if it gets to march and theres no sign of a date i will be stressing again haha

I just thought I would share this info as confirmed by Mr Small's secretary this morning:

Wait time from Seminar to 2nd app't - 4 months

Wait time from 2nd app't to 3rd app't - 6 months

Wait time from 3rd app't to surgery - 6 months

Everyone goes onto the same waitlist no matter which surgery they're having.

Charis - I promise, no more questions about waitlists from me (this year at least). I'm just focused on getting healthy for surgery now xxxxxxx

LOL Newcy, am I that scary then?
Glad you've found out for sure, hopfully your mind is at rest now petal. xxxx

they looking for another surgeon biut are having no luck finding suitable applicants apparently... bariatric nurse told me that.... also been given green like from gov to continue with WLS but have been given no extra resources to do it...

hmmm sounds promising but also a little grey area to hey i thought they had found the 4 th surgeon x

Hi Newcy

I had my 2nd appointment 4 august and my 3rd appointmnet is 21 feb im off to turkey on the 26th september so i hope im all done by then !
Im from durham also :)

Good luck with your journey

Louise xx

Hey Louise, judging by your appointments those time scales seem perfect. Looks like you should be all done in time for your hols - maybe a little sooner if Kelly's right about that 4th surgeon? Fingers crossed...

Good to hear from a local lass - good luck with everything xxx

Had my endoscopy yesterday every thing ok see mr smalls next wednesday then go onto list

Fantastic news, im pleased for you Congratulations x

I was told ive been put on list today at sunderland waiting time is 26 weeks but told might be sooner as they now have 4th surgeon so fingers xd

I was told ive been put on list today at sunderland waiting time is 26 weeks but told might be sooner as they now have 4th surgeon so fingers xd

:) Great news x

Count me in - I'm guilty of obsessing about the op too. I've sky+'d most of the fat doc and similar shows and watch them periodically to keep me on track.

Well, I finally gave into the pressure (and the paranoia of being missed off the list) and phoned yesterday to see if the appointments have been set for those who attended the seminar 8th Sept. Nurse told me that I'm on the system but no appointment set yet - but shouldn't be too long before I hear.... Going by the timescales noted on this thread I should be hearing something in the next couple of weeks. :)

I'm happy to wait a couple of years if I have to - saying that, if I won the lottery this weekend I know what I'd be doing with it on Monday morning!) and I'm just pleased that they do have a record of me and I haven't dropped off the computer or got lost in the post...

ooo yay!! i went on the list on the 27th oct! so hopefully with another surgeon it may go down to 16 weeks hey xx

Well done and hoping the waiting times will be reduced for you... love and hugs precious xxx

Great news about the 4th surgeon!! i have my 3rd appointment on Jan 31st and it cant come quick enough! x

Woo hoo! That's fantastic news that they have a 4th surgeon now. Hopefully wait times should come down - fingers crossed...x

Back