• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Upper tummy pain

Andrea73

I'm a good 5 years post op from a bypass. In the past few months I've been getting on and off heartburn and indigestion. I still take the lansaprazole every day. For the last day or so I've had upper tummy paid, below my ribs but right in the middle. Is this where my pouch is? Any ideas what this could be??

Thanks in advance x

chrisa

I would seek medical advice just to put your mind at rest. I am nearly 4 yrs post op bypass. Acid indigestion can cause pain if it has burnt inside it could take a while to settle down but speak to your doctor. Good luck and let us know how you get on xx

emma-louise

my new life!!
I've been riddled with abdomen pains since my bypass 5 yrs ago...do you get bloating or is it windy type pains or just constant?
I'm still on lanzorosole and take other meds...one thing I would say is to try and get doc to prescribe buscopan( the docs strength is better)..this just relaxes your tummy etc if your having spasms.

Andrea73

Well had a visit to Gp today as struggled with a yoghurt. She was pretty clueless about bariatric surgery to be honest. She felt around my tummy and the bit where my pouch is. When she pressed that area I felt so sick that I nearly vomited! She said something wasn't right so she told me to increase the lansaprazole! Any ideas on what to do now? Think I might send mr ammori an email

X

weegie

Well had a visit to Gp today as struggled with a yoghurt. She was pretty clueless about bariatric surgery to be honest. She felt around my tummy and the bit where my pouch is. When she pressed that area I felt so sick that I nearly vomited! She said something wasn't right so she told me to increase the lansaprazole! Any ideas on what to do now? Think I might send mr ammori an email X

Yes, re the email. Get it checked by someone who does understand bariatrics. Best of luck, keep us posted. X

Yvessa

I would definitely get advice from your team. If you are struggling with fluids get yourself to an a and e with a bariatric department.

sezj

Hi Andrea. I have been suffering the same same pain and it travels just under my rib cage. It can be like a constant ache or a really intense pain. I have been scanned ans they said i have gallstones, so i am just waiting for my gallbladder to be removed x

HRR32

Hi have had exactly the same pain and went to the gp and was told it was acid going into my oesophagus - I had to increase my lanzoprosol for a week. It seems to have calmed down and do not get the central pain between my rib cage. Xx

Andrea73

Well just to update I'm still getting tummy pain and constant diarrhea as soon as I eat. Sorry if this is TMI. I've been back to my Gp who told me to come off my iron tablets as that could cause it. I'm off it now but the diarrhoea is continuing. Honestly I ate half a sandwich and practically 5 mins later I ran to the loo.

Anyone any advice as I can't go on like this

X