• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

political correctness, THE WORLD HAS GONE MAD ?

My personal bug bare is when people write in text speak.

I'm not keen on it either, though mispellings and even grammar errors don't bother me too much as long as I get the gist as they are often unintentional.

My youngest son has his own forum and complains that even their text speak is spelt incorrectly :giggle: I didn't know there were spelling or grammar rules with text speek :D

I am not born and brought up in the UK and i understood and totally agree with you liz.

I'm not keen on it either, though mispellings and even grammar errors don't bother me too much as long as I get the gist as they are often unintentional.

My youngest son has his own forum and complains that even their text speak is spelt incorrectly :giggle: I didn't know there were spelling or grammar rules with text speek :D

Me neither!!! Is there a rule book on it??:D

I have to say a struggle with text speak, its takes me twice as long to understand it, never mind actually text it, so I use predictive text:D

I dont have a clue what any of you Northeners are on about ;) as i'm from down sarf ! :D

Anything north of Watford is foriegn to me, and scares the hell out of me lol lol
Saying that i'm off to the Lakes tomorrow and thats up North :eek:

r u ok now?

I had a similar problem on another site. I used the abbreviation LOL thinking it meant "lots of love", and managed to upset an already upset person by the tone of their post. xx

I dont have a clue what any of you Northeners are on about ;) as i'm from down sarf ! :D

Anything north of Watford is foriegn to me, and scares the hell out of me lol lol
Saying that i'm off to the Lakes tomorrow and thats up North :eek:
Watch yourself SS there are more Northerners than you soft Southerners and we'll get you!!!!!!

I once went out with a Geordie lad. He gave me a Geordie to English dictionary when I went to visit, which I found most useful!

I'm a Londener, living in Birmingham - so am used to listening to various dialects. Have to admit that I had to listen real close when people from West Bromwich or Dudley spoke to me:lost:.

Liz - I am semi-fluent in Geordie, as I read many a Catherine Cookson book back in the day lol:D.

I love my husbands accent.....He's an American...mid western.
But I also love the accent from New Jersey.......

Funny Story.... but true
I catch accents so easily....I was waiting one day to have my first colonoscopy (camera up your bottom yuk)...the lovely nurse that had given me a mild sedation was explaining what would happen to me...and she had the most lovely southern Irish accent...on she went and then she asked me if I understood everything she said and was there anything I wanted to ask her.........I replied in full Irish brogue....No you've explained it all very well...........lol.....she said "Would you be taken the 'P' now?"

I was sedated but we all giggled...

~x~

I love all the Catherine Cookson Films they are all set in Geordie land.

And I luv Ant & Dec xx

The Scottish accent is lovely to.

ant & dec r brill ;)

I work for the Home Office, and I love hearing all the different accents, espesh the african ones...Angolan accents are nice as they are Portuguese speaking...I also LOVE LOVE LOVE learning about different places of the world. I went to college last year to learn Urdu and this year I plan to try arabic.
Accents are cool...I a manc and LOVE being a proper Northern monkey :D

Back