• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Vegetarian post sleeve?

elizaxx

hi there,

I am 18 weeks post op, and was a vegetarian for a quite a few years, and it's something I would really like to go back to but I worry about getting in my protein and other nutrients.

Has anyone maintained a vegetarian diet post op? how do you manage to get your protein in? and do you have any other advice about being vegetarian post op? thanks :)

Hi!

I may not be the best person to add to this, but I'm veggie and 4 weeks post band.

I am conscious of getting protein in, so I do things like: adding lentils to anything I can, cottage cheese, try to have fish once a day (I'm not keen on fish, but I'm working on mixing up the flavours I put it with), and I have some weetabix protein. I haven't tried eggs yet, but when I feel comfortable with them they will be something I go to.

I'm not sure if I am technically getting enough protein, but have a follow up appointment later this month so will discuss then.

Would be great to hear of other peoples ways of keeping the protein up!

I use arla 20g protein yoghurt, 3 of those a day at least and then porridge. I don't eat meat these days as it's too much for my sleeve, I'm not a vegetarian so do have king prawns if I eat out. As a vegetarian I don't know how you are with dairy but it's a very good source of protein.

I'm predominantly pescatarian so try to have fish each day. But on days I don't, i'll ensure I have plenty of milk, maybe some cottage cheese and a danio high protein yog. I'll usually have a lentil dish with spinach. Butter beans are good too as are chickpeas, edamame / soy beans etc. It can be done.

Edit - and eggs too. Don't forget eggs

I'm predominantly pescatarian so try to have fish each day. But on days I don't, i'll ensure I have plenty of milk, maybe some cottage cheese and a danio high protein yog. I'll usually have a lentil dish with spinach. Butter beans are good too as are chickpeas, edamame / soy beans etc. It can be done.

Edit - and eggs too. Don't forget eggs

Had a poached egg with salmon for dinner, with a parsley and chive sauce that was a lot of milk, so feeling dinner was good! Egg was good too, don't know what I was worried about!

Back