• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Protein suppliments

everpositive

Hi everyone,

Am going to the docs this week for some blood tests. Feel just fine and 2lbs away from losing 8 st in 6 months from my bypass surgery. I am however noticing really thinning hair which is a worry. I have posted recently about this and many people have told me to up my protein intake. This seems like a fairly obvious thing to do but sadly for me, not that easy. I am pretty much vegetarian now since the op because meat of any kind is pretty hard going for me, and usually results in me being sick coz it feels so uncomfy. I do have fish a few times a week but I know its not nearly enough overall. I do eat cheese, eggs, beans etc also. A few people have suggested whey protein and am just wondering if anyone else does this? :D

Thanks.

I am taking the protein shots that phatgirl posted about and I am pre-op as I rarely get enough protein in my diet. They don't taste too bad and I definitely have more energy from them.

Have you spoken to anyone in a health shop for advice? A properly qualified health advisor, not just the saturday girl!
I've heard Kelp spplements are supposed to be good for hair and nails. Also a silicon suspension?
Ttry googling them, see if they'll be any good for you? X

awesome weight loss hun. well done xx

Back