• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Very disappointed

Fuffs

Shrinking Big Brummie
Went to see the weight management physician. I have lost 8kg in 3 weeks on there scales.

The doc was one I have never seen before. He was nice and nicely told me the pct has changed it's criteria and I no longer qualify.

It is a long story, but my doc should have seen me in August last year. I lost all the weight that was required. His secretary never sorted it.

Now I am here being told I can't have my op!!

I have emailed my doc at the hospital to see if it still stands because I was approved before the change.

So now I wait...... Lol

Very disappointed by ready for the fight. I may not have a bmi of 50+ or co morbidities. But I want my op!!!! Lol

Thanks chick :) xxx

I have everything crossed for you that things work out fine xx

I was eligible, jumped through all the hoops for 2 years and they turned me down anyway. Then I got type 2 diabetes which gave me a better chance, gp went to put ms forward and they changed the goal posts again so I am not eligible. Decided to go into debt to go private :(

Thanks Sue xxx

Choosier, that's terrible!! I fear it will also be my fate! But I can't afford the private. So back to ww or sw for me xxx

Oh sorry to hear this, you must be feeling very dissapointed. Good luck with your fight x

Very sorry to hear your news...keep fighting and hopefully it will work out for you:hug99:

My iPhone changed chopster to choosier lol

Thanks ladies. I will do my best. And if all fails, I will be back across on minimins, mini lol :)

(((hugs to everyone for all the support)))

Fuffs that must be upsetting. So sorry xx HUGS

Sorry to hear this bad news Fuffs, here's hoping your consultant talks sense to the funding people... Alternatively move to a pct who does approve wls for someone with your criteria xx

Thanks ladies :) This forum makes it a lot easier. Having people to talk to is the best thing in the world.

I have promised my partner and family that whatever happens I will keep exercising, eating healthy and losing weight :)

Best to be fit for the fight!

I am so sorry. That is so awful. I would definitely continue talking to people and find a way to get the op done.

Thanks :) I will do my best!! I have had my beady eye on that losers bench for a while now....I will get there any way I can! lol

Now my depression has gone, my fighting spirit has kicked in.

Thanks everyone. Means so much to me x

Was the approval for weightloss management or your funding?If it was funding your surgery should still go ahead.

The first doc told me last year I did not have to go to weight management, as I had been through something similar with my GP already.

He said lose 7lbs and you can have your op.

I went back in July over a stone lighter. The consultant told me to wait in July because I was on Exante and he wanted me to lose a bit more on that (different doctor than March). I emailed him 2 weeks later to tell him the diet had messed me up (ended up in hospital for a night with the nastiest gallbladder attack I have suffered to date) and I wanted to see him for consideration for the bypass. He said keep your weight steady and told his sec to book me into clinic asap. It never happened.

I am only in weight management because I begged for it in Jan. I asked that I be referred to something so I could be monitored while I wait.

So now I have emailed that same consultant to ask if what the doctor said today is true and applied to me. I have everything crossed x

So you were 48.4 (BMI) and lost weight so that you surgery would be approved and now that you have lost the weight they have moved the goal posts !!!! The crazy thing is if you would have weight less than a stone more you would have had a BMI of 50 and qualified . . .

Have you been checked for sleep apnoea ? You would be surprised how many supersizers suffer from this co-morbidity and don’t even know it – you GP can administer a test based on the Epworth Scale (http://www.britishsnoring.co.uk/sleep_apnoea/epworth_sleepiness_scale.php).

Good luck xx

Back