• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Fuffs Update on decision

Fuffs

Shrinking Big Brummie
Hi All

I have not been here in a while as it seemed like I was never going to get my bypass. I have now lost 4 stone on my own since April 12th (some bits have been very slooooow lol)

Some of you who have been on here a while will remember the hassle I have had. For those who don't, a quick recap.

I started weight management in Macrh 2010. I was first going for the band. I lost more than enough to have it. Doc said wait a bit, lose more at home and decide what you want. The meal replacement diet I was doing set off my gallstones something rotten on refeed and I asked for a bypass instead.

After many admin troubles, I begged to go to community weight manangement and started in April. I lost first bit of weight quickly but was told the criteria had already changed.

I was devastated and with the encouragement of friends on here and other WLS forums, I dug for info. PALS looked into it and said criteria was still the same and would change in October.

The WM doc asked me to forward the emails to him. I did a couple of months ago and then had a letter to say they would discuss me at an MDT meeting.

Well, Friday, I got a letter saying the team had decided I was eligible for surgery and I am now being put forward to the surgeon!!! Finally!!!

Just want to say never give up people. If I had listened to my hospital, I would not be getting my op. The wm coordinator, the wm doctor, the secretary of my old wm doctor all told me the criteria had changed. They were all wrong. I have just got in 1 month before the change.

Fight, fight , fight for what you deserve.

So everyone, I am back and feeling the right to talk again on here, so be afraid, be very afraid looool:8855:

Hi there, I am so pleased on hearing your good news:D. Looking forward to hearing more from you.

Hi Ladies

Thank you so much for your lovely support. I love it on here. My bf does not want me to have this op, but I need it for me. I am approaching 30, I am a focused person and need my body to agree with my head lol

Jema, you made me want to cry. I have not even looked at it in that way and reading it felt lovely. Thank you xxx

I have a bit of an idea what it's like for you, except I have an amazing G.P. who referred me and has supported me since. Also, we don't have to apply for funding or anything here, if you meet the criteria, you're in! My hubby supports me 100%, but a lot of other family members don't. Some try and talk me out of it whenever we're together and I feel like I'm justifying my decision all the time. Then this site came along and gave me the strength, encouragement and support to tell them all to tittle off if they don't like what I do with MY life. Now they try not to mention it too much and if they do, I tell them to read some posts on this site to see the amount of success stories there are.
Maybe if your bf did this, he'd understand a little better. There was a thread somewhere about some oh's feeling insecure because of their wives/gf's new slimmer bodies and new found confidences. It might help...!

Thanks Jema, that is a great idea :) Thanks for sharing. Helps me a lot and I really appreciate it (((hugs))) xxx

That is fantastic news, I remember your disappointment.

You have done really well to have list four stone, a really good kick start in your weight loss journey xxx

Any ideas when your surgery may be?

Stef x

So well done on loosing the 4 stones by yourself! Good luck in getting your op date.

My friends from the same hospital said once they had an MDT decision it was 6 months. But some get in earlier if there is a cancellation. So not that long in the grand scheme of things :)

Things for all the lovely support. It means a hell of a lot to me xxx

Hi Magsy

Thanks!! :D

I was sent for a sleep test also. Found it the hardest time to sleep ever. Boredom sent me off in the end lol

Even though having sleep apnea would have helped, I was happy when the results were I did not have it lol...I would have suddenly been scared to sleep lol

Update :(

Hi my bariatric friends lol. Just went to Weight Management and ended up with steam coming out of my ears once again!

They have not applied for funding yet. And said they won't until I see a surgeon. But sbpct are changing the funding criteria next month!

After me stamping my foot he said he will contact the surgeons and see if they can apply directly for my funding.

I have emailed SBPCT to ask what actual date the change comes in. Now I must wait :(

I have also emailed my two physicians, their secretary and the weight management coordinator. I have made it clear I want all this sorting ASAP, as I dont want to lose out now :(
Fed up!!! Xxx

Back