• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Very disappointed

When I was referred last year, my BMI was a little less than it is now. After not hearing from then when suppose to, I gained some weight. My consultant said 3 weeks ago he will arrange to see me in clinic soon. But I haven't heard anything. Emailed him yesterday. Still haven't heard anything.

The doc yesterday mentioned referring me for a sleep test. My partner says I sleep quietly, so not holding out much hope.

Feel like I am in limbo until the consultant tells me if I am still eligible or not.

Feel a bit lost. But still on my weight loss plan. If the final answer is no, I will have to be strong enough to do it all alone :(

P.s thank you. You guys rock!!! It really helps to be on here :)

lol!!! I want to roll a bit less! lol

So you were 48.4 (BMI) and lost weight so that you surgery would be approved and now that you have lost the weight they have moved the goal posts !!!! The crazy thing is if you would have weight less than a stone more you would have had a BMI of 50 and qualified . . .

Have you been checked for sleep apnoea ? You would be surprised how many supersizers suffer from this co-morbidity and don’t even know it – you GP can administer a test based on the Epworth Scale (http://www.britishsnoring.co.uk/sleep_apnoea/epworth_sleepiness_scale.php).

Good luck xx

Ignore what I said earlier about being a quiet sleeper. Someone on another forum said loudness has nothing to do with it. So I looked into it and read that quiet sleepers can sometimes have a worse form. So for the first time I am going to cross my fingers for an illness lol (that sounds so bad on too many levels!)

I have just email South Birmingham PCT. It is a polite email to enquire as to what the exact guidelines for bariatric surgery are. I have also asked if the guidlines have changed, what is the status of people like me whom have already applied.

I really hope I get a reply, as it will help me know which direction to go in.

This is soooo hard! I cant even sleep :(

Awww Fuffs, that's ***** :-( Really sorry.
Go whoop some butt!!!
Hope u got it sorted hunni xx

Thank you Angel. Just did an update thread. Finding this all very stressful. Could not sleep last night. Just need an answer from some one! lol

omg u must be so annoyed fuffs hope u get it sorted out

Hi Fuffs , You must be livid ! i have also jumped through hoops, and so many doctors have said so many different things ... every discussion with a medical professional i ask for in writing , and some even let me use a dictaphone! i also email alot and chase things up relentlessly, i am a total pain in the butt ... but its the only way .......... wishing you the biggest heaviest boot for some serious butt kicking !! keep your chin up ,and dont give up ... wishing you sleep,calm,and strength xxx

Thank you much peeps :)

The hospital have confirmed they did not apply for funding last year. So I am now in no mans land.

I do have most that was ever said in emails and will use them if and when they are required. Feel very let down.

Hi Fuffs,

I too was rejected for surgery at the end of March. My PCT in Stockport have changed their flippin criteria whilst I have been doing all the courses they said I had to do. I was first referred by my GP in December 2009 with a BMI of about 51 with no co-morbs, but I didnt need any then as surgery was a first line option. However - they have since changed to >50 WITH co-morbs. I have just sent in my appeal 2 weeks ago and I haven't heard anything yet - I'm on pins all the time and I think I'm becomming a little obsessed :eek:

What really narks me is that non one tells you that if the rules change in the interim, you've had it. But this shouldn't be the case. If you've been accepted then that is it - and anyone who applies after the criteria change - the new rules apply to them - Who do you reckon ??

Love

jane x

I totally agree Jane!

They take no notice of the lifeline that they throw us, then pull it away :(

I wish you all the best luck with your appeal. Please let me know how it goes x

I am equally not hopeful, but thanks :)

i realy feel 4 u and jane fuff as i said in a earlier post i never new this happend coz mine was so straight forward,i think add of cracked up if i had 2 go through wot u r.realy hope u get it sorted soon and try 2 stay posative

I am gearing myself up for doing all without surgery. If I get the op now it will be a bonus. I have to think this way to feel sane! Its really hard.

Thank you for the support xxx

I am gearing myself up for doing all without surgery. If I get the op now it will be a bonus. I have to think this way to feel sane! Its really hard.

Thank you for the support xxx

What an absolute huge let-down, bummer, cheek and frankly a nightmare!!

You've got to fight for this! You were under their guidance when you were put forward.

I'm frustrated for you honey. Please fight, fight fight. I find it incredible that people need to develop life threatening illnesses before they can qualify for such ops. In one respect surely your commitment to wanting to help yourself by losing some weight demonstrates your ability to do well post-surgery i.e. you're an ideal candidate for NHS help. It frustrates me that there are people who don't qualify but would do well when there are others who can but complain (I'm thinking Daily Mail article here) or take the pee even post-bypass. I guess on the flip side - they probably think that if you can do it without WLS help you can do it anyhow, but how long have you been struggling eh? Just not fair!

Anyway enough of my ramblings - fight the fight chick and don't ever give up.

I have always told them I can lose weight. But getting to goal, maintaining or not gaining with a lot more have evaded me. I went to them for fear of ending up over 30 stone. And they have let me down.

I will fight as hard as I can! Thanks chick. You should be a motivational speaker :)

Back