• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Very good news day - funding

paddyp

Finally, at last, I have been advised that I have been referred for surgery - my funding has been approved. Whoop whoop de dooop de dooop de dahhhhhh de bumshakalaka

I feel amazingly privaleged to have been referred. I feel like I have been given the best ever gift - a chance of a new life. I am so happy.

If it's not too much trouble could I ask some of you to budge up on the losers bench as you may shortly be having a guest. :8855:

Ines4C

Very pleased for you. I agree, it is a privilege, it is really a second chance for life. Really happy for you, good luck on your journey.

paddyp

Thanks all, don't know who my surgeon is yet Lozer as I have never been to Taunton but I'm finished with Exeter now until after the op apparently. I had Dr Kos in Exeter she was fab, frank but v fair.

Lozer

Hi how u doing paddyp?? I've finally been told I'm on the list so was wondering how long it took to get ur seminar date and then ur date for surgeon ect?? Any info b great x

paddyp

Hi Lozer

Had my last appointment in Exeter end of Feb and had met the weight loss target so got put forward for the meeting to decide on funding. Heard at end of march that funding was agreed. Heard from Taunton mid April with appt for seminar on 1st May and round robin on 7th May. Got my surgery date on 29th July about mid June so really quite quick from funding being agreed. However, I have been told the waiting lists are a little longer now but really don't know how long. xx

Lozer

Thanks for ur reply yeh I'm just tooo excited! Lol yeh was told they have had a bed crises so there is a back log but hopefully the time I get there it would b better lol

paddyp

The time will fly by Lozer It will surprise you when it comes around however far away it seems at the time. I'm now less than 2 weeks away so bring on the liver shrinking xx