• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Vibration Plate thingy for at home?

Thinking about buying one of those vibration plate thingys for using at home.

Can anyone reccomment a particular make/model?

Is it best to get the most powerful one?

Where did you get yours?

Thanks everyone!

I've heard they shouldn't be used by bypassers Jacqui!

Check with your surgical team please before you buy one xxx

They were talking about bringing one to our next support meeting, so they must be ok!
Thanks for the concern though, I will make sure!

i use one at the gym. have since 8 weeks post op and im ok :) x

ive had mine for about 5 years now and have used it from 4 weeks post op. i got mine off ebay new and paid about £150.. its fairly powerful but not as powerful as thoes in the gym.. dont think my house woulkd withstand one of them lol

When I was in the hospital I checked with my surgeon (as I used one before the surgery) and he said to wait 1 month to 6 week before normal gym and 2 months before power plates so i presume they are ok for bypassers. Would love to get the one they have at the gym - John Lewis sell them but they are about £1600.

omg stella what do they do at that price wash and iron as well

They should do at that price shouldn't they? The ones at my gym are so powerful that I would love to buy one for home. One of the things I love about them is that since the op I suffer badly from constipation and if I go on one of them (especially if I lie on my back to do an exercise) they really do get me moving again :eek: and are great for getting rid of trapped wind (but not so good for fellow gym members!)

lOL Stellap

Do they really work and are the worth investing in.

I have noticed an improvement, yes, and I do ache more when I go on them as well as do the gym than when I just do the cardio stuff at the gym. I haven't got one at home yet though but am seriously thinking of investing in one for the times I can't get to the gym.

Back