• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Vitamins on prescription.

carberello

Do you / can you get the vitamins and calcium supplements ( including the 'B' vits) we need on prescription after privately funding the op? If not where would you get tested for and have the vit B injection?

Your gp will prescribe them for you.Your provider should follow up on bloods to make sure your levels are ok.After that your gp can do regular checks.Not everyone needs b12 injections.

My GP prescribes them for me, and the nurse does B12 jabs. I bought a pre-paid prescription card for a year which is saving me loads too. Think I paid about £100 for the year, and each month without it would cost me about £30! I have vitamin capsules, iron, calcium and zinc everyday. If your consultant doesn't need you to have as much it will prob be worth working out whether pre-paid card will save you money :)

How do u get a pre paid card?

My GP refuses to provide my vitamins, he says it would cost him too much money. He does let me have my 3 monthly B12 injection though - ain't that kind of him.

I need to change my GP !!!

I'd change my GP if I were you! Mine was so supportive, saying I'd be saving the NHS lots of money in preventing diabetes, high blood pressure etc, and he felt the NHS was short-sighted in not providing more WLS! I like my GP very much lol:)

Back