• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

vitamins???

No idea, i'm presuming you mean while on your pre-op? I spoke with the dietician from my hospital yesterday (miracle seeing as i rang and left a message in July originally) and she just said a multi-vitamin whilst on pre-op.

Hopefully an experienced person will come along soon and give advice too. Good luck xx

I was prescribed Forceval (multivit - strong!) Calcichew and Ferrous something or other...its Iron. I was prescribed them by the hospital and my gp has them for me to get from them as they are life long meds.
Steph xx

which are the best multivitamins to take? and can I get them off doctor?. lol xx

Hi Karen,

When you get to your pre op they will tell you which are the best or the ones they prefer you to take (I think one is Sanatogen Gold). I've just noted from your info that you have an op date - 8th Jan? is that for real - if so WHOPEEEEEE. I'm so so pleased for you.

The team are absolutely lovely on the Chichester Suite. You'll be well looked after.

Julie

The main one you will have is the mother of them all "Forceval" and yes this one is on a script via your G.P most of the others just arnt strong enough. But you can buy calcichew over th counter @ £7ish but again this can also be obtained via perscription. Gail x

I take Forceval, Ferrous Sulphate (iron) and Calcichew, get all 3 on prescription from my doctor :)

Can someone tell me what the Forceval tablets look like? I was given some multi-vits by the hospital but there was no trade name on the bottle or identification marks on the tablets. Mine are a pale yellow colour about 1/4" diameter.

Thanks

forceval and i dont get a long anymore... when i take them i get awful pains in my tummy... so i now take multibionta as it has minerals not just vits.

btw how many forceval do you all take a day?

.x.

John the Forceval ones are about an inch long and red those sound like the antacid tablets.

Thanks mate. Defo not Forceval then. The label on the bottle says just "Multi-Vitamins". These have now run out and I have started back on the Sanatogen Gold, although Shelbell said these are not good enough. Oh, what a quandry!

John

John I believe Gilla did a comparison between Forcival and the over-the-counter ones she was using and said the content was pretty much the same, so she has stuck with her Superdrug ones! I was told by my surgeon/dietician to use Sanatogen complete (used to be Sanatogen Gold I believe), which are big but chopped into 3 are swallowable! Hopefully they are doing the job, I guess my blood test at 3mths will let me know if not.

Cuppa xx

You have to chop the Sanatogen up? I manage to get it down in 1. I must have a big gob! I also have to take a couple of capules that are bigger that the M-V morning and night, plus numerous others. The worst to get down is the Fastab. I tried sucking it but that just prolongs the agony, so it is swallowed now and I try to not get the horrid taste in my mouth.

John

John those fastabs are vile, luckily when I got my prescription from my GP she put down a different brand, do the same thing but are nice little capsules instead, called Lanzoprazole I think. My iron is little capsules too and my calcium banana flavoured chewy tabs. I haven't tried swallowing the mv in one cos I worry about it getting stuck so give a quick hard thwack or 2 with a butcher's knife first! :eek::D

Cuppa xx

hi all, well after my op (sept 2008) i was told that i didn't need to take anything until after my first set of blood tests tho i was sent home with fasttabs and pain killers which i had to crush along with my other meds :yuk:but after i was readmitted a couple of weeks later after i asked the dietician when i should start taking vits was told i could start taking Sanatogen Gold (which i have to buy) and also ferrous sulphate (iron) and calcichew which my GP prescribed me, i asked at the time for multi vits on prescription but was told no,:confused: anyway i went to docs last week for something different and saw a different doc at another branch of surgery, asked if i could have vits and she prescribed me FORCIVEL YAY:party0049: only took a year :faint2: lol, now should i take them along with my Sanatogen m/v? i have been for the past week :hmm:eek:r will it be too much?

Back