• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Vlcd bars

SerenityValley

Happy in the meantime
Hi all,

I got the go ahead from my hospital to do a vlcd (very low calorie diet). I'm doing exante - 3 shakes a day at 200 cals each. Going well as 8lbs down in 2 days.

Have messed up slightly though - I should have ordered a couple of bars for the day before surgery as I don't want to have to take a shaker down to manchester. I need to travel light as coming back by train myself.

For anyone who's never done a vlcd, you go into ketosis around day 4 and generally never feel hungry again, until you break the ketosis (sugar intake usually).

So, does anyone know of any off the shelf products (like slimfast) where the bars would still be low in sugar/formulated to not break ketosis?

Thanks
Andy

discojen

Hi,

I saw the other day that Superdrug have started to sell Lighter life products, so there should be some there x

SerenityValley

Happy in the meantime
Hi Jen, yeah my brother just told me. I've had a look on the website and it seems to suggest that it's their 5:2 intermittent fasting range and contains quite a lot of sugar.

I'll good some digging on them to see if they're ok for a ketotic diet.

Thanks x