• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

V's new sleeve

vanda

Hi everyone :D

I'm off to the Czech Republic tomorrow for a sleeve with Cosmetic Bliss. My op should be on Wednesday and I should be back home in my own bed sometime in the early hours of Sunday morning. I'm taking my phone and a notepad so am going to try and keep a daily diary of what happens and how I feel in case it will be of interest to people considering having a sleeve or using CB.

Wish me luck x

All the best for the week ahead.
SNx

All the best

Good luck hun x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Thanks for the good wishes. I am sat here in my very fetching gown waiting to go to the op theatre. I am third on the list so should be going in 2-3 hours.
So far i cannot praise highly enough everyone here. CB have been fab hospital staff very efficient and lovely. Will update as soon as i can x

How exciting :) good luck hun ull be fine xx

Sorry I havent been back to post updates yet but was feeling rougher than I expected initially. Back at home since early hours of Sunday morning and am starting to feel better each day.
Plenty of resting and plenty of sipping is the order of the day. Be back to update as soon as I can xx

vanda said:
Sorry I havent been back to post updates yet but was feeling rougher than I expected initially. Back at home since early hours of Sunday morning and am starting to feel better each day.
Plenty of resting and plenty of sipping is the order of the day. Be back to update as soon as I can xx

Glad ur home n safe hun happy healing xx

Hope you recover soon x

Glad you are back home safe :) x

Glad you made it through.

As a matter of interest what happens if there are complications following private surgery abroad? do you have to try to fly out there to get treatment, or is the NHS expected to treat you? I've always wondered about this, one guy at the Salford meetings said the NHS wouldn't treat him as he had, had his band fitted in Belgium

Hope u have a speedy recovery x

Karlos said:
Glad you made it through.

As a matter of interest what happens if there are complications following private surgery abroad? do you have to try to fly out there to get treatment, or is the NHS expected to treat you? I've always wondered about this, one guy at the Salford meetings said the NHS wouldn't treat him as he had, had his band fitted in Belgium

I believe the issues with privately done bands are rarely serious which is why you would likely be sent back to your provider. However, in other procedures such as sleeve a leak is an emergency and would definitely need to be handled by the nearest hospital. Which would obviously be the nhs. However, as Vanda has just saved them £10-12000 by going private, I don't see why it would be a problem.

Plus Vanda and I share the same amazing surgeon. I have seen his stats. She is not going to have any issues other than what to do with her fat clothes when she is a skinny minny! xx

Having been a past patient with Cosmetic Bliss, I am sure all is well. I had an uneventful recovery, and not a single problem with any foods at all, Dr Cierny and nurses were fab! xx

Afternoon :)

Just remembered I hadnt updated this like I promised I would.

Anyway 3 weeks out of surgery and I am doing really well. I am having no problems getting the fluids in, am having 2 protein shakes a day to make sure I get the protein in and am having no problems with the pureed diet. Another week on this then I can have soft food - hoorah.

I did keep a record of what happened on my journey so here goes

Monday 5 March

Drove to Stansted airport and met up with Lynn & Chris after security. It was great to have someone to travel with. We had a fab lunch in Wetherspoons and after an uneventful flight were met by Michael at Brno airport. He led us to the car that drove us to the Grand Hotel and met us there. We spent some time chatting to him before Debs arrived, then after a chat with her we arranged what time we would be collected by the next day. Had a lovely meal in the hotel restaurant and an early night. The hotel room and bathroom were both lovely and I managed to sleep well, although nothing to eat or drink from midnight.

Tuesday 6 March

Early start, collected by Debs and left the hotel at 7.15am. It was about a 45 min drive to the hospital. At this point I was not feeling nervous just wanted to get it over and done with, but as soon as I got into my hospital room I remember thinking 'what the heck am I doing here' and 'OMG this is really going to happen'. I was sharing a room with Lynn as we were both having sleeves and Chris had a room to herself. The rooms were very clean and we had a toilet, fridge, table and chairs and tv/dvd. Also a balcony overlooking the garden. Within 5 mins a very efficient nurse came in said lay on the bed and proceeded to take half an armful of blood, leaving the cannula in for further delights. Also wanted a pee sample. We then spent the rest of the morning having a variety of tests done. Abdominal x ray and scan, endoscopy, saw the anaesthetist, psychologist and the internist and had an ecg. I was sent for a thyroid scan too as I have an underactive thyroid and there was something odd in my bloods. Fortunately everything came back ok and we were all passed ok for the op.

Had a much needed cheese roll for a late lunch and Debs left us a yoghurt for supper. Lynn and I were in our pjs by 4.30pm and I was asleep by 7pm. Woken up at 9.30 for a heparin injection and a sleeping tablet and then left to sleep for the rest of the night.

Wednesday 7 March

Woken at 5.30am for blood glucose check (I'm diabetic), bp check and thyroid tabs I was also attached to a saline drip. We were left some very fetching white stockings and a very cute gown, it looked like an old ladies nightie with bows and flowers :) I was very thirsty and hungry but alas nothing to eat or drink. Apart from the pre op med we were left to ourselves while we waited. Debs was around as usual. Chris was scheduled to go first then Lynn with me last. They came for me about 11.30am earlier than I expected. I remember being wheeled to the theatre and being asked by the anaesthetic chap to move onto the trolley I sort of moved an inch then dont remember anything else until I was being wheeled into icu. I felt every bump of the trolley and remember thinking what the heck have I done. I spent the remainder of that day dry heaving and wetting myself. I dont normally have a continence problem ;) but every time I was heaving I was wetting myself a little. The nurses were lovely about it and to be honest I was feeling too awful to care. I remember walking to the toilet with help from the nurses and one was trying to hold the back of my gown together not for my bum to be one show, but I really didnt care at all, I did manage to get some sleep in between the copious amount of heaving - apparently I had an unfortunate reaction to the anaesthetic - lucky me.

Enough for now, but if anyone is interested I can update about the rest of my time in hospital soon xx

Back