• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Newbie - having a sleeve on 1st feb

Thank you so much for all the information there, it has been a real help.
I've had my bloods done and collected the results today - everything great no worry for your anethaetist my gp said - he's great been 100% supportive and wants to see me as soon as I'm back.
I was going to ask about the money but you've done that for me.
You made it all sound highly amusing and thank you for sharing your downfalls so that we hopefully don't repeat them for you.
When you were first on your feet on tuesday night did you feel light headed? How long were you on a drip for and did you have morphine or painkillers on the drip so that you could push a button when you needed it.
Last question for now - I know there will be more later - How did that first drink feel? Did anything seem different in your stomache or were the painkillers masking it all?

Must say you've been a dream to go into all that detail for us, I really appreciate it.

Thanks again, looking forward to losing 5 stone too.

Andrea
x

When you were first on your feet on tuesday night did you feel light headed? How long were you on a drip for and did you have morphine or painkillers on the drip so that you could push a button when you needed it.
Last question for now - I know there will be more later - How did that first drink feel? Did anything seem different in your stomache or were the painkillers masking it all?

x

I think you have to view as an adventure, something out a film, otherwise it all gets too real. I just told myself for weeks before that i was going on holiday and that seemed to help.

Yes you do feel slightly strange when you first get on your feet, but you are still feeling the effects of the anasthetic (and anasthetic makes me sick - so i was sick when i stood up :eek:). But you are left alone to sleep after they get you to walk.
At first they get you to sit up with your legs hanging off the bed to see how you are with that before they get you to get up and walk. Try not to worry.

I was placed on my first drip on the Monday night as i was shown to have slightly low potasium, so i had a potasium drip (ill tell ya, there is nothing like the cool sensation of a fresh cold drip - its like, ya know on a hot summers day when you have a ice cold drink and you can feel the coldness going down your throat? A fresh drip is a bit like that but going into your arm :p).

You are on and off drips all the time but the last drip was taken out of me on the Thursday evening, but it just depends on any deficiencies they find and how quick it goes into your system.

I was told i would be on a morphine drip with a button and everything before i went out there but none of us who had been operated on had one. If we were in pain we were given an injection with something in (dont know what) and sepositories (not sure of spelling but they go up the bum) where available (one of the other girls had some, i didnt fancy it :rolleyes:).

The first drink was...strange i wont deny it. I was also really scared of ripping or busting anything so didnt really drink very much and kept getting told off :p
I bought 2 bottles of ribena light from the airport on the way out there and forgot i had one bottle left until Thursday, and i tried it and....omg.... it was the best tasting thing i had ....ever .... EVER!! So maybe take something with you?

Everything will taste a million times better when you first taste it after, i remember beef broth tasting amazing and cupa soup being immense but i'm not too keen on them now i can eat anything! lol.

Just be aware of any meat that you eat, i struggle with most meats (apart from fish and sausages) its all just trial and error though :) xxxx

If you want to know anything else, i will tell ya! You too Deets - I like helping people :)

Ill be keeping my eye on this thread for anymore questions :D xxxxxxx

Did you get to know the others that were having their ops with Cosmetic Bliss too?

I know you said you had a room on your own so maybe it wasn't another sleeve patient. Did you have your meal together in the hotel?

I'm excited and can't wait.

Andrea
x

Did you get to know the others that were having their ops with Cosmetic Bliss too?

I know you said you had a room on your own so maybe it wasn't another sleeve patient. Did you have your meal together in the hotel?

I'm excited and can't wait.

Andrea
x

The two other girls i went with were the loveliest women ever, i am so glad i was with them. Cause i am only 22 they looked after me and took me under theirs wings. We swapped mobile numbers and addresses and keep in regular contact, sending stuff at Christmas and that.

One of them sent me a massive parcel this week full of clothes that no longer fitted her :D gorgeous stuff it was. I guess i was really lucky as i would have hated to have been with people who were mean.

There were four of us ment to be going across together, 2 sleeves and 2 bands, one woman dropped out (the other sleever) so it was down to one sleeve (me) and the other two were having bands done. The other two girls were friends so they shared a room and i was on my own.
On the Sunday one of the two girls changed her mind and decided to have a sleeve instead of a band and paid the extra money.

We all met up when we got off the plane (debra had given our email addresses to each other) and we were inseperable from then on. We had the meal together on the sunday etc the only time we werent together was when we went to our hotel rooms. My hotel room was on the second floor and theirs were on the fourth. I had the better deal as my room was waaaaaaaaay bigger and had a bath in the ensuit!! :D xxxxxxx

I hope Deets and I get the same fortune as you with the people you went with.

How many dress sizes have you gone down?

Were you able to eat mouse and yogurt early on? I imagined it would be about 4 - 5 weeks before you could?

Just got my phone sorted and for £5 I get 10p texts and 200 mins no charge for receiving calls - how many texts will be saying phone me lol?

Andrea
x

My clothes were tight anyway so i havent really gone down on my legs (got thunder thighs) but have gone down 2 sizes on my top.

Yeh i know i was really lucky with the people i went across with. But something like this bonds you I think.

Yeh Debra gets you to eat yogurt on the Thursday i think, and i was eating yogurts and mousses as soon as i got home. But you wont be able to manage very much. And Debra gives you a choice of some of them activia yogurts that are smooth (which is what i had) and some other kind of yogurts with bits of fruit in (which i think i had one of and picked all the bits out) but you really dont feel like eating when your there. But please do... xxx

i dont want anything up me bum :( lol

i hadnt thought about yoghurts and stuff, i had just planned for soups...yoghurts will make it easier though :)

Andrea i emailed the other sleever today and told her to get on here. I sent her the info Emma Louise has kindly shared with us so far :thankyou: x

Last edited:
Hi Ebony, good luck tomorrow I'm sure you'll be delighted with the result.
How have the last 13 days been? Are you driving/back at work? Do you feel hungry?
I'll probably bombard you with questions now sorry.

Andrea
Hi.. the first few days was a struggle.... but it’s so worth it.. i am driving with no discomfort.. my wounds have healed from the outside..
am back to work just after 4 weeks 1st of feb.. very anxious to return.. got occupational health appointment as well on the same day...
the only problem i have encountered has been with my diet..i miss eating... not hungry for it but just miss it...lol...
good luck again... and I’ve lost over a stone.. Not a lot but.. Am getting there....

xx

I really appreciate all the effoert you've gone into for us and I'd forgotten about needing to photocopy documents. I'll read it all again in the few days before I go to make sure I'm up to date on everything, then I'll look forward to telling everyone that its all done.

Andrea
x

Hi
Welcome to 'The friendly forum'
It's a really good place for information, hints and tips as well as a shoulder to cry on when needed. Get your post count up to 50+ and you will be able to see photos and read diaries.

Hello Andrea. I hope that you are getting on okay. I fly out to the Czech this Sunday to have my op with Cosmetic Bliss on Feb 8th. Its not really sunk in yet, but I couldn't sleep very well last night, I was wide awake.

Deets is coming out the same time as me so I think we are both the week after you.

Can't wait to hear all about it.

Karen, you couldn't wish to go to a better place, you are so well looked after and cared for, the nursing staff are brilliant and Dr Cierny will look after you all the way.

If you've got any questions just ask.

Andrea

I don't like the sound of having anything up my bum!!

Another lady that had her sleeve with Cosmetic Bliss about 3 years ago said that they make you shave everything off down below!?!? Why down below??

im on the patches now, which are helping :) Think its also helping knowing that by stopping, it'll help me during the op

So you flying out on Friday? x

Deets, I quit smoking on 21.03.2005. I didn't use patches or anything though. I read a book that really helped. You are supposed to smoke whilst you read it though. Its called the Easyway to Stop Smoking by Allan Carr. I have given my copy away, but I highly recommend it. It takes away all the stress of quitting.

ive heard so many good things about that book!! at the moment im doing ok with the patches, out of 4 weeks ive probably gagged for a ciggy maybe twice? its jsut weird not being able to stuff myself whilst stopping, which is what i normally do :eek:

x

HI Karen, they ask us to shave 1/2 way down, must admit I never asked why but my suggestion as to why is if they needed to position a drain near there during surgery you wouldn't get as much chance of infection from your hair getting into it. That is the only reason I would imagine.

Have you got all your packing done?

Andrea
xxx

Back