• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

WAHOO a major achievment in my new life

Colopatiron

What a wonderfull day. Yes, today for the first time in years I went out in public to a shopping centre. I figured as it was raining not many people would be out, but not the case and I was there now (Castlepoint at Bournemouth) so braved it despite the fact I felt quite sick with nerves. Sooo glad I did, it was fabulous to see all the clothes, beauty stuff etc. even if I did come out of Boots smelling like a tart, I must have tried every perfume sample in there. But is was sooo nice to feel part of society, and despite my fears I did not get one look or comment of disdain. At my heaviest about three years ago I was not far from 30 stone and stopped going to public places because of stares, comments and physical pain. It was so different today, I now weigh 21 stone 10 and was really tired when I got home (though exhillarated). We also finished off the day with a meal in the Harvester, another great feat for me to eat in public, I have not eaten out for about 15 years. I had grilled sea bass with asparagus sauce, green beans and a small jacket spud. I didnt eat it all but loved everything I had. Even if I did drool at hubbys prawn cocktail starter and steak and chips. I cannot stop smiling tonight. It is so nice to actually feel like I am living and not just existing till the end of my time. In the morning I have an appointment with one of the trainers in the gym (might give me a sleepless night!!) he is going to discuss with me a sensible safe workout that I will be able to do in the gym to help me tone up. I have decided that on Monday coming I will be brave and actually venture in it. The gym is where I go swimming (at the crack of dawn so I am not seen). I swim every day but despite also having gym membership for 2 years I have actually never set foot in it. This will be a major step for me but something I must do. After today I feel like I could conquer the world. What a feeling.
Sorry for the long thread and bad spelling but I can't stop waffling about the day, it was magical. Love to you all

Sue xxxx:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

WOW!! This is such a lovely thread. Dont apologise for waffling your excitement comes through and shows us all what we can achieve with the right help and a bucket full of bravery!

Well done you should be soooo proud of yourself and this is just the beginning! Keep up the good work x

oh sue thankyou for your post ,it summed up how a lot of us feel,and what we hope to acheive after our surgery,you done it girl!!! well done xxxxxxx

Sue thank you so much for shareing. You keep losing that weight and start living your life. well done i'm so pleased for you.xxxxxx

Hi Sue

Your post bought a tear to my eye. I really felt for you - the upset and stress you felt before and your joy now.

I am so over the moon for you x x

I have so much empathy with you. If I could have a pound for every wedding/night out/holiday/shopping trip I had turned down on account of my weight I'd be a very wealthy woman. Well, I'd have the price of a designer dress at least!! So glad you enjoyed today. Start saving for a mega spending spree when you get to goal!! (and for a few treats along the way) well done!!! Hugs {{{xo}}}.

Well Done Sue, thank you for sharing something so personal and special that alot of us can understand as we too have been there at some point. You should be very pleased and proud of yourself xx

Sue - I'm glad you're reaping the benefits of yor weight loss so far. Things that may sound silly to others mean a lot to us and I totally understand your joy tonight.
Keep that grin - you deserve it hun! xx

Sue, I'm so chuffed for you. I wish all those daily mail readers who go on about fatties and wls would read your post and see just how this surgery can change people's lives. I still can't brave the perfume and makeup counters at Boots because I find those girls so intimidating. But just yesterday I was walking down my street wearing my size 22/24 t-shirt and jeans that I last fit 4 years ago and realised that I was striding along, back straight, head up and feeling great for the first time in ages. It's the best feeling in the world.

well done and thank you for sharing the fact that you have decided to go through the gym door is a big step im sure it will go well and i hope you enjoy a lot more outings

Well that was obviously the first day of the rest of your life - go out and enjoy it even the bad days - what's the worst that can happen - if anybody says anything to you tell us and we will all verbally beat them up for you xxxx Wont we girls

FAB FAB FAB Post - well done you!! The great thing about being on this site is that we all know exactly where you are coming from! I cant wait to walk into Next, or River island without getting those "what are you doing in here" looks from the young kids working there! I am also feeling great today as had a new haircut to celebrate my one month op anniversary! Feel GREAT!!!

Wow so pleased for such a big step on your emotional recovery. I agree wholeheartedly with everyone else and am so pleased for you.
Did you have your op at Bournemouth royal? I'm booked in to have my bypass there on the 5th July and have only found bobsbigboy and kerry2010 on here who have had or are going to have their ops there.

Wow so pleased for such a big step on your emotional recovery. I agree wholeheartedly with everyone else and am so pleased for you.
Did you have your op at Bournemouth royal? I'm booked in to have my bypass there on the 5th July and have only found bobsbigboy and kerry2010 on here who have had or are going to have their ops there.
Hi Penelope, Yes I did have my op at Bournemouth Royal, Both Dr Davies and Dr Byrom did the op together. You have absolutely nothing to worry about. The op was a total success, the hospital itself is spotless and all the staff are fantastic. I can honestly say hand on heart it was the most stress free hospital stay I have ever had. You will be absolutley fine. I'm not sure what time you are having your op but I have an appointment with Dr Davies myself on the same day as your op. My appointment is at 9.55 so I may see you at some point. Either way wishing you the best of luck but I can assure you, you are in good hands. If you need to know anything about your stay there just ask

Sue xxx

Back