• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Waiting for MDT at homerton

laura cullum

Hello, managed to get an earlier appointment for both my assessment and my consultant had both and both said how I'm a great candidate for surgery and will put forward for me to have a sleeve.

any have any ideas how long this process is and how to make sure I don' slip through the net?

Thanks xxxxx

Cat57

I have been agreed for surgery at Homerton, that was on 1st dec 2017,I mentioned that i had been given a approval for a op, and was mentioned to keep calling them,
I dont like to do it too often but i have phoned 3 times now, which was when the time scale they told me had passed so i guess thats not too bad,I was told 6-8 weeks wait,
phoned again a couple of weeks ago and they said something about restructuring im not sure what, but was told then i should hear within 2 weeks,
just phoned and no time scale given just shouldn't be too long, i asked will i get a letter confirming dates etc.... and was told we dont send letters we phone you,
i just want a something with some dates on it so in my mind i have a plan of what will be happening and when, As I guess there are quite a few things to do when a date is confirmed,
like weigh ins Oooo not good, bloods, pre op diet and pre op... anyone else waiting to hear from Homerton or heard recently.
would be nice to hear from anyone having it done around the same time....hopefully ;)

jj87

ah that's amazing..when was your appointment with the surgeon? did you call and pester or just wait to hear xxx
My app with in the April. Surgery in the June. Yh I phoned afew times. Keep phoning them. They understand and didn't mind calling. I use to spk with someone called Kingsley. He was lovely

laura cullum

have you got a date yet hun xxxx

I have been agreed for surgery at Homerton, that was on 1st dec 2017,I mentioned that i had been given a approval for a op, and was mentioned to keep calling them,
I dont like to do it too often but i have phoned 3 times now, which was when the time scale they told me had passed so i guess thats not too bad,I was told 6-8 weeks wait,
phoned again a couple of weeks ago and they said something about restructuring im not sure what, but was told then i should hear within 2 weeks,
just phoned and no time scale given just shouldn't be too long, i asked will i get a letter confirming dates etc.... and was told we dont send letters we phone you,
i just want a something with some dates on it so in my mind i have a plan of what will be happening and when, As I guess there are quite a few things to do when a date is confirmed,
like weigh ins Oooo not good, bloods, pre op diet and pre op... anyone else waiting to hear from Homerton or heard recently.
would be nice to hear from anyone having it done around the same time....hopefully ;)

Cat57

Hi laura, no date yet, but phoned this morning and kingsley said about the admissions procedure had changed, not sure what it was before... but he gave me a appointment to see surgeon which is march 26th:woohoo:at least things are moving and i have something to focus on.. what do i mean at least things are moving derr , I'm over the moon lol...as now i know it will be happening and hopefully not to long to wait..... he said also after the appointment with the surgeon I will receive the liver shrinking diet...... now to get into some weight loss as i lost focus on that for a while... how are you doing laura have you seen anyone since your assesment.

Cat57

I'm not sure, but if not then it shouldn't be too long before i get a date, as kingsley mentioned i would be getting the liver shrink diet next so i don't think i'd be doing that unless i had a date to work to, well im hoping so anyway.... xx

laura cullum

Hello lovely how you doing have you heard any more? I have been accepted for surgery but now waiting for appontment woth the surgeon to confirm n then wait for op date xxxx

laura cullum

I'm not sure, but if not then it shouldn't be too long before i get a date, as kingsley mentioned i would be getting the liver shrink diet next so i don't think i'd be doing that unless i had a date to work to, well im hoping so anyway.... xx

how are you getting on xx

Cat57

Hi laura... did you say you are at homerton also?.
I saw my surgeon on 26th march such a lovely lady, i couldn't decide between bypass or sleeve she has provisionally put me down for bypass but said i can change my mind at any time, which i think i have and will ask for the sleeve, i should be getting a appointment for dietitian very soon and will have to go on the liver shrinkage diet for 4 weeks, then its op time so she said around mid may, so fingers crossed i get a appointment for the dietician then it should be 4 weeks from then.

it dosent sound like you are too far away from it either, u never know could be around the same time ..

laura cullum

I saw my surgeon on 26th march such a lovely lady, i couldn't decide between bypass or sleeve she has provisionally put me down for bypass but said i can change my mind at any time, which i think i have and will ask for the sleeve, i should be getting a appointment for dietitian very soon and will have to go on the liver shrinkage diet for 4 weeks, then its op time so she said around mid may, so fingers crossed i get a appointment for the dietician then it should be 4 weeks from then.

it dosent sound like you are too far away from it either, u never know could be around the same time ..

ah I'm seeing surgeon 23rd April. I'm rather excited to get ball rolling. just want it done now tbh. done so much research and hoping for sleve too.

how have you been. do u get op date after dietician x

laura cullum

ah I'm seeing surgeon on 23rd April. when should u get op date?

did u loose the 5-10% by that appointment
I'm hoping for sleve xxx

xxx

Cat57

Hi laura, i think i lost around 6%... do you know who your surgeon is yet ?..... wow its all happening quite quickly for you that's great, won't be long before you get a date ..
I had some good news i have been given a date :woohoo: 11th may... just got a permanent smile on my face lol. up on tuesday to see dietician and someone else tbh i didnt take it all in over the phone, and he said I will be starting the liver shrinkage diet on that day also :waterbottle: then pre op appointment the following week ,

laura cullum

yeah I think her name is Kapalina or something like that don't have my letter with me.
ah how exciting for u!!!!!
u been ok up to now? xx

Cat57

yeh all good. really can't believe after all the years I have wanted to have this done its actually going to happen, i honestly never thought it would, but as my surgeon said "yes it's really happening " with a big smile on her face, such a lovely lady... Just been catching up on bling & victoria, seems to be going well.. it will be us soon too ;)

laura cullum

yeh all good. really can't believe after all the years I have wanted to have this done its actually going to happen, i honestly never thought it would, but as my surgeon said "yes it's really happening " with a big smile on her face, such a lovely lady... Just been catching up on bling & victoria, seems to be going well.. it will be us soon too ;)

hello I now have op date of 1st june wooo and pre op 15th may do you have Facebook we could keep contact xxx
I'm Laura Harmsworth-Cullum

Cat57

hello I now have op date of 1st june wooo and pre op 15th may do you have Facebook we could keep contact xxx
I'm Laura Harmsworth-Cullum
hi that is brilliant news so plzd for you, less than a month away... have you got a letter to tell you all about it yet ...

laura cullum

hi that is brilliant news so plzd for you, less than a month away... have you got a letter to tell you all about it yet ...

hello yeah I have that and will get more info on the 15th I believe. how are you doing on LRD what one are you doing xxxxxx