• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

waiting for my date at sunderland hospital

sukies

hi all,
im waiting to hear news on when my date will be for the gastric bypass op, had the camera down me 4 weeks ago. does anyone know how long the waiting list is from now please.

Welcome to the site, but sorry i cant answer you xxx

Hi and welcome to the site.

It was a while ago I had my surgery so can`t help with time scale but I am sure someone will be about who can help.

Good luck with your surgery

Jo
xx

I'm not sure what the current waiting list is but if its helps you as a guide, I had my endoscopy on 19th May & my bypass on 2nd October.

Performed by the lovely Mr Balapuri himself :D

Good Luck

All the very best to you on your wls journey xxx

Just wanting to wish you well on your weightloss journey.

There are some great peeps up there who are patients in your area and there is a support group there too...

They will be along and will help you on your journey.

Pleased to hear you are here and sending you warmest wishes...

:welcome: Love and hugs xxx :)

hi im a sunderland paitent, i went on the list in oct, and was told today im looking at april time, so its around another 5 months sweets for yours x

its maximum 26 weeks from the endoscopy if they offically put you on the waiting list then as thats the general point that you will be added to that waiting list x

hello its usually six months waiting list . i had mine march but was put on short notice list to and go into friday 29th and have op saturday 30th july ....

Cos I pre met weight loss targets Sunderland sped me up had endoscopy in April and due for the deed on 21st Aug!

It took me just over a year to get to endoscopy stage then I had to have it twice, greedy me, one end of jan and one march then op date was August, things running bit slow last week or so been novo virus going round areas like sickness n diahorrhea bug, think some ops been put back x best ofluck with it all.xx

They do have a meeting at SRH on 29th Nov in the Education center. There is also a meeting in Darlington if you fancy a run out on the 1st of Dec in coffee bar 16 which is attached to the Dolphin Center in the market place. We are just a new group this will be our 3 rd meeting, we had one in Durham and 4 of us came then we had one last month in darlington and 10 came and more want to come this time, we are going upstairs and there is disabled access. It would be lovely to meet you we ahve some post oppers and some pre oppers like yourself. xx We are on athread here called DARLINGTON WLS COFFEE N CHAT GROUP XX

Hi I was told today (20th) that its currently at 6 months max waiting for bypass op. Hope that helps. For Sunderland Royal hospital. Got my fingers crossed for us that its going to be less than 6 months! If it helps seminar was January. follow up appointment was july and 20 nov was the endoscopy.

Hi I had my endoscopy on the 20th November at Sunderland and was told the max wait time was 6 months. So plan for 6 Months but hope it will be quicker.

Hopefully we will be in soon after new year but could be spring. x

Back