• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

waiting list (how long)

jean

Hi does anybody know how long the waiting list is for your operation once you have seen the surgeon at sunderland hospital

Hi Jean. It depends where you are in the process, and JustLiz who runs the Support Group will be able to tell you more definitely.
But once you are ACTUALLY put on the waiting list, you should wait around 26 weeks.

But you have to go through the seminar, seeing the nurse, setting your weight loss target, achieving it, and any other tests before you get to that point.

hi ya i am having my bypass on the 30th march and i will have waited exactly 26 weeks im at sunderland.xx

Hi Jean. It depends where you are in the process, and JustLiz who runs the Support Group will be able to tell you more definitely.

Hi Jean Im Liz i run the patient support group at SRH, our next meeting is March 24th from 6pm in the education centre if you want to join us then please come along then x
But once you are ACTUALLY put on the waiting list, you should wait around 26 weeks.

But you have to go through the seminar, seeing the nurse, setting your weight loss target, achieving it, and any other tests before you get to that point.

Demand for wls here in the north east has gone up dramatically so in turn so has the waiting times, from "seminar to surgery" is APPROX 14 months maybe a little longer now, once put on the waiting list further along the process its around 6 months from endoscopy and being added to the list x

Grace has pretty much covered the process in her comments above thanks Grace xx

HTH....... Liz xxx

hi

just as a guide

referred Dec 2009 - seminar feb 2010, dietician june 2010, met surgeon sept 2010, had endoscopy nov 2010 - officially on the list 2nd Nov 2010. expecting op early May time, so yes six months from surgeon adding to the list.

who is your surgeon?

xxx

xxxx

Back