• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Waiting to see a consultant

Emma83x

Hi I am Emma I'm going through weight loss surgery I've just been seen by psychologist and I've passed I've just had a letter for an appointment to see by one of mr B Ammori team what should I expect at this appointment and what is the next stages after this appointment please can anyone help me

Hi... saw mr Ammori on Thursday last week but not seen psychologist yet. one stop appointment was about 2 hours, blood tests, weight, blood pressure then bariatric nurse and dietician. someone took all my prescription details and health issues and finally mr ammori his suggestion was that a bypass was the best for me. the next step is sleep apnea test.

Thank you for getting back to me Iv all ready seen the psychologist im worried as iv put a bit of weight back on could they turn me down for it when i see them and do you know what is next after that appointment the next stage

sleep apnea test is next I think, try your hardest to keep weight down. I have just started to drink 2litres of water a day and it helps to feel full. do you know which operation your having?

When I see the surgeon on the 8th its going to be discuss the gastric bypass but since then I've put 5lb back on could they turn me down for weight loss surgery because of this the psychologist is happy with my progress and thinks I have no issues why I can't have it done

I've got my pre-op appointment 24th of February but have to go back and see the surgeon on the 9th about how long iv stop smoking for iv stopped for two months now I'm so excited xx

I go to Salford 2nd feb for psycologist appointment, then if all good pre op for me, like you I have stopped smoking and so your weight gain of 5lb to me sounds great. nice one..

Awww brill wish you all the luck with my weight gain has been 6 pound since stopping smoking and some medication have you done the one stop clinic yet I have to see the surgeon on the 9th to talk about my stopping smoking because I've changed my mind from a sleeve to a bypass because my acid reflu and yes we could be going through this together after pre-op your opp has to be done with in 12 weeks xxx

done one stop clinic, sleep apnea and seen surgeon who suggested bypass need umbilical hernia repair which will be done same time.

Hi, just seen this thread. I've just been referred to Salford. Ive had all my appointments in Chester so far and been referred for surgery by their MDT to Salford.
Theyve always said I didn't need to see a psychologist and I didn't have any symptoms of sleep apnoea. Will I have to go through all of that again once I get seen in Salford? Really confused as to how it works now. I thought I'd just be waiting for a pre op appointment :( x

Hi I am Emma I'm going through weight loss surgery I've just been seen by psychologist and I've passed I've just had a letter for an appointment to see by one of mr B Ammori team what should I expect at this appointment and what is the next stages after this appointment please can anyone help me
What sorts of things did the psychologist ask you, I see a psychologist anyway just now every 2 weeks and currently take anti depressants I'm worried this might affect the psychologist test

She asks you about your eating habits your current state of mind is well she asks what you want realisticly out of the surgery i was really worried to before I went because I suffered from depression in the past hope all goes well for you good look xx

Hi, just seen this thread. I've just been referred to Salford. Ive had all my appointments in Chester so far and been referred for surgery by their MDT to Salford.
Theyve always said I didn't need to see a psychologist and I didn't have any symptoms of sleep apnoea. Will I have to go through all of that again once I get seen in Salford? Really confused as to how it works now. I thought I'd just be waiting for a pre op appointment :( x
I would ring up and the ask I do know some hospitals do it different after reading on here I'm not too sure I know that Salford Royal you have to do is sleep test and see a psychologist then go and see your surgeon at one stop clinic and discuss surgery all your notes will be past over anyway best of luck x

I would ring up and the ask I do know some hospitals do it different after reading on here I'm not too sure I know that Salford Royal you have to do is sleep test and see a psychologist then go and see your surgeon at one stop clinic and discuss surgery all your notes will be past over anyway best of luck x[/QUOTE

Thanks, ill follow your post to see how you get on if that's ok. Can't see many recent posts from people going through Salford Royal, you're a step closer to surgery than me so it'll be lovely knowing what's coming next x I last seen someone from the team in October and I know I've pit on weight since then so panicking that if I have to have more tests then they'll knock me back for the op :(
X

Back