• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Walkabout

i keep mine in the house have no where out doors to keep it and its massive aswell

Just returned from a leisurely 1.5 hr walk. Was meant to be an hour but kept adding on extra bits incl. fairly steep inclines.

Ok so got myself in a situation and I just want to cry and cry.

It's been almost a week since my weigh in. I have eaten no more than 1050 a day. Stuck to the 3 meals a day and upped my liquid intake from 1ltr to 2 most days.
I have pushed myself exercising from zero up to and beyond 6 miles in a day burning within 100 cals of my intake and yet got on the scales this morning and not a single pound loss.
I have gone through a lot of physical pain all for nothing. I'm so upset and just can't understand what I've done wrong. Even after keeping a strict diary and no cheating using slim fast shakes most days. How am I ever going to lose my access 7kg for my next appointment. I thought I was doing everything right. :'(

awww hugs hunni :) firstly dry those tears x x i know its difficult especially after all your extra effort over the last week. Just remember it certainly was not a waste of your time, think back didn't you feel so much better for getting out of the house walking, didn't you feel an extra spring in your step, and didn't you start to feel empowered by that and feel more in control and more confident? that is no mean feat there and YOU did that, you also empowered other readers on here to get up and do the same Mrs!!! DO NOT let this small thing put you in a negative head space ok i must be very frustrating but the must be a reason for it...... to be honest i have never lost weight on slim fast shakes thay have never agreed with me, and of course makes sense now being dairy intolerant lol so maybe doing the shakes is not for you...... it could be for any number of reasons hunni......... time of the month possibly? could even be that you weighed in a different place or different clothes at a different time of day. Draw a line under it and move forward no one ever said this was going to be easy ..... if it were we wouldn't be here :) Maybe try eating a nice healthy diet this week see if that helps. But DO NOT underestimate yourself and do yourself down, you are doing fantastically well, even after surgery some of us don't lose some weeks, that's just how it is!!! chin up and best foot forward :) im here cheering you on hunni you can and will do this. x x x x Just remember the walking is also standing you in good stead post op too...... x x x x

Ok I see what your saying and yes it felt absolute fab getting out and about and also exercising too and found I was actually really looking forwards to the next day.

Diet wise I have been using a much smaller plate to cut out over eating. My typical day for last week without cheating is as follows.

Breakfast... 30g Bran flakes 50ml semi skimmed milk no sugar ( don't like it) and a small clementine.

Lunch...2 slices of granary thin spread butter and a Bernard Mathew Turkey breast slice. Muller fat free yoghurt and a 3 fruit mixed small bowl.

Dinner 2 poached eggs on granary toast 3 slices no butter

Drink 1 ltr NAS Juice.

The only things that really vary are when I replace breakfast with a slimfast shake and add more juice.

I allow myself a treat once but last week had a sweet chicken deli sandwich from mcDs but it made me so sick it's put me off for life. Any snack I stick to fruit.
I have followed this through and tho it hasn't changed much I'm so so sure I did things right. :(

Oh and btw time of month defo a no the whole works had plumbing removed 19yrs ago after my youngest.....defo not my day as woke up early hours with pain in my ear and blood all over my pillow due to a burst ear drum so all in all I wish I hadn't got out of bed today.

I will say one thing though as I'm on rest as soon as I can I plan to start walking again because I love the freedom it gives me. Xx

CrystalRainbow thanks your amazing. Going to await bloods as spoken to my doc just now and she says not to give up too as she thinks it could be my Hashimoto and this can be medicated more but antibiotics for burst eardrum and rest for a week to bring temp down.
My eating is excellent too so just got to wait and drink drink drink. Don't touch alcohol so wants me swimming in it from the inside lol. :)

Have you been logging your intake via such as myfitnesspal? its a free food diary thingy online and i have found it extremely helpful as it shows you not only calories but how much carbs, protein, sugars and fats etc you've had, and i have learned now, its not only the calories which count. Different food groups have different effects on our bodies. Im no expert but carbs are the energy to your body, your digestive system changes carbs in to glucose (blood sugars) Your body uses this sugar for energy for your cells, tissues and organs. It stores any extra sugar in your liver and muscles for when it is needed. (hence the liver reducing diet immediately pre op) the theory is if our body's are starved of its main source of energy it has to burn up its stores of energy, fat which is why we loose weight...... Maybe limiting you carbs could give your body a quick kick into action. I have never limited carbs while dieting over the years (an have failed most diets), but obviously i had to on my pre op diet and i managed to loose a stone and a half and now post op i certainly am keeping a very close check on carbs. Does any of this help hunni ? please please don't give up, you have just got to find another way to get to your target....... what works for one doesn't always work for another :) try try and try again x x x x

oooh bugger re your ear :( rest up and get better soon. LOL @ time of month lol although plumbing gone im sure i can still affect us !! Glad doc has reassured you a little too :) i think the best policy is to keep trying, log what you eat, get a fitness tracker too (am amazed at seeing what my intake v my output is daily) get out there walking even if you don't feel its working my god you've had a good time trying, all that fresh air is so good for the mental attitude too :) Its possible your meds are not helping but keep writing it down all else fails you have proof that you've not been slacking eh :) kepp positive and put that smile back on your face ..... put it down to experience and start a fresh tomorrow x x x trust me this is a huge learning curve and i believe we need to walk this path ups and downs.... learn what we can so when its time for the op were ready and in that right place we need to be in our heads :) x x x x hugs hun x x x have a fab afternoon

I have a samsung 4S so it has a fitness app as standard so yes food is only counted in cals as it shows what you burn against what you eat in cals only.
Very interesting advise Hun never thought abt carbs and since Xmas have been upping the fibre using granary but also eating pasta and jackets for some meals.
The slimfast I really like so have stocked up on them ready for after op too as they contain lots of stuff but yes will defo look at carb intake coz it's the fat sugar salt and cals I concentrate on. Going to give myself the rest that the doc suggests then try cut carbs out a few days see where I go from there.
With a bit of luck trial and error something has to give but defo not giving in on my walking now because the min the sun is out I want to be out and if it rains power walk video is just as good.
Thanks once again Hun I would be lost without this site and the wonderful people like you to help and would have given up hope before now. I'm smiling again so more than happy. :) xx

Sometimes we try too hard and obsess too much. This is coming from the world's worst control freak! We need to sit back and relax about it. The more I worry and record what I eat the less I loose! The days I relax about things and perhaps eat a bit more than I think I should, are the days I usually loose! All we think about is food, calories, weighing ourselves, exercising and punishing ourselves . We are our own worst enemies.

Oh yes i agree life becomes pretty boring too when everything becomes weight and diet but I agree if your on a time limit its the worse feeling in the world. That loss you have to show is all about proving you can do :) its a commitment thing, fortunately where i live it wasn't part of my criteria BUT i did have to give up the fags or i wouldn't get on the waiting list........... it was the hardest thing i have ever had to do!!! for me it wasn't the giving up (had wanted to give up for years) it was having someone tell me i 'HAD TO GIVE UP' the surgeon said if you want this give up right this minute OMG It took me a month but i did it eventually :) whens your deadline? hopefully once the sort your meds etc it will all fall into place :) worse comes to worse a week on my very low cal/carb pre op diet will help :) x x x

I hear what you are saying Sharie but yes I have to stress about a no loss week as I can't be put through for surgery till my 7kg is gone, so a while of stressing for me sadly because I want and need this desperately it's taken me 11 years to be referred :(
Sorry Cupid, my bad. Thought you'd had the surgery! It's even harder without any tools to help you! That's why we need the surgery in the 1st place. This bit, having to prove to them that you can loose weight is the hardest and most stressful bit because, for some of us, no matter how hard we try, the weight just doesn't fall off us. Totally understand your frustrations.

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

i ghad all my plumbing removed that many years ago but i notice i still bloat when i would have been due so could be that and you not notice it or could be with your feeling off with the ear hope its better soon

and if you dont lose a pound but lose the inch its still a loss granted not the right loss but a loss none the less and next week could be the pounds not the inches keep your chin up we are all here for you

I read something once about if you have upped your exercise then you retain water whilst your muscles repair the tiny little tears the exercise has caused them. I am really tired now but I will have a proper look tomorrow but I know that when I start exercising I either stay the same or even gain a couple of pounds - and I know there is some science behind it!

This kind of explains it http://www.sparkpeople.com/blog/blo...ale_goes_up_when_you_start_a_new_workout_plan

Hi my friend I read of your distress at not losing and was right there with you, I have had the bypass and lost well for the period of time, yet for about 4 weeks over Christmas I lost zilch and have had 4 week periods on top of that where I have lost 1/2 a pound, if you have kept a log and know you have had absolute below your intake of calories then you know it must be another problem of which there are many ideas from others keen to help,if anything like me in body peculiarities then you know it will come off, I will think of you and am very sad for your disappointment because I know how gutting it is to get on the scales and see no downward trend.

Back