• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

walsall manor turned me down bmi 57.3

bubblytri

im 25 stone 6 bmi 57.3 went to gp in june and was refered to manor dr khan was contacted augast and was turned down due to funding and was advised to go back to gp and go on yet another weight loss program ( i have been on loads already)
anyway went back to gp last week tuesday he has had no information back saying i have been turned down but went back then next day and had bloods taken and waiting on a sleep apnea test dont know what else to do if all tests come back ok got to go back next tuesday for blood results:cry::cry::cry::cry::mad::mad::mad:

It all depends on the PCT you come under. It could be that you come under walsall pct who have a very limited amount of funding and you have to do a 12month weight programme or it could be that you come under one of the other pcts in which case all refferals to the manor have been stopped until they get the back log sorted out. Many birmingham pcts have changed their criteria and now say to have to attend a 12 month weight loss programme.

Where abouts do you live?

Terri she is a Walsall pct person. Unlucky or what? Grrr bad pct's xxx

Walsall are a pain to get funding from, they have a very limited pot of funds and make you jump through the most hoops. Pcts can and do make up their own criteria, the NICE guidelines are just that unfortunately.

All I can say is chat to some of the other walsall pct folk and see what they did to be put through and do everything that is asked of you.

hi i am sorry you been turned down for funding,my heart goes out to you, have you been on the weight management course with dr hartland at walsall manor? i finished the course in august and now waiting for letter regarding funding. i have been going to manor since 0ct 2008 when i first saw mr khan ,

Back