• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I have been turned down again!!!

Originally Posted by poo bear
:cry:
Hi Everyone,
I am so cross today as i called the pct team who told me, as i have shone i can lose weight they were going to put me on a counselling programme with support on how to lose weight!!!!! So i was straight on the phone to my gp who is really cross with them as they have moved the goal posts yet again.
I am going in to see my gp next tuesday and we are going to put together another letter to send back to them.
I just feel so deflated today as it seems i will never get this op done!
I know i will in the end but today i am p****d...
Has this happened to any of you ?
I meet all the critera, as i have high bp,high cholesterol,asthma,type2 diabeties and pcos.
I just don't know what to do next!
sorry for being a bit low today i will have positive pants back on tomorrow..Thanks for all your support. Marie.:cry::cry::wave_cry:

I cannot believe they refused you because you have shone, surely this would go for you rather then against you , so if u had done nothing they would have given u funding??? Well if that isnt a mixed message I dont know what is - Do nothing and get funding mmmm - Your right to appeal as u have comorbidities and also your bmi is within range, maybe its the start of the nhs tightening their belts. I hope you make a good case and get funding , I cannot imagine how deflated you must feel.

Hugs and Kisses - MeJulie xx

So sorry to hear your news I know what a kick in the teeth it is. I was turned down as well. I was lucky and got funded by someone else but do keep going

Hi Marie..
I was thinking of you today..I just wondered how you are getting on with you quest for funding???
x x

I've had an email from Marie... earlier this week Lisa... so far... no further developments... I feel it for her too... I'm living in hope...

Loving hugs to all xxx

I would write to say that you meet the criteria (and bullet point each one), and that by granting other people funding but not you that you are being discriminated against. Also, ask to see where in the funding policy it says that showing dedication by preparing yourself for surgery by adjusting your eating habits and therefore losing some weight means that you are no longer eligible for surgery. Sometimes you gotta get harsh ;)

This is exactly what I was going to suggest. They cannot legally turn you down if you meet all of their criteria. It is definitely discrimination at this point.

Back