• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I have been turned down again!!!

poo bear

:cry:
Hi Everyone,
I am so cross today as i called the pct team who told me, as i have shone i can lose weight they were going to put me on a counselling programme with support on how to lose weight!!!!! So i was straight on the phone to my gp who is really cross with them as they have moved the goal posts yet again.
I am going in to see my gp next tuesday and we are going to put together another letter to send back to them.
I just feel so deflated today as it seems i will never get this op done!
I know i will in the end but today i am p****d...
Has this happened to any of you ?
I meet all the critera, as i have high bp,high cholesterol,asthma,type2 diabeties and pcos.
I just don't know what to do next!
sorry for being a bit low today i will have positive pants back on tomorrow..Thanks for all your support. Marie.:cry::cry::wave_cry:

Reactions: Bev
Oh Marie..... I can't imagine how heartbreaking that must be for you!! Your pct must be blind to your needs!

Sending ((( hugs ))) xxxx

oh Marie im so sorry, your GP sounds supportive so get an appeal. I'm sure you will in the end as others say, you may have to jump thru even more of their damn hoops,
Big hugs xx

so sorry

Marie I'm so so sorry. I just don't know what to say.

You are incredibly strong to even think of having your positive pants on tomorrow!

I would be weeping for a fortnight!

And because you are so positive YOU WILL get this surgery.

Sending humoungous HUGS to you petal.
:grouphugg::grouphugg::grouphugg::grouphugg::grouphugg::grouphugg:

Hi Marie, bad day all round for me & you kidda! Support each other, it's times like this we need to share the load!
Best of luck for the future, perhaps we can swap notes!! Lol - Paul xx

Marie hunni, thats awfull, Gosh, don't know what to say.
I hope your Doctor gives them a damm good kick up the bum xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Marie, this is going to work out... it's just going the longer way around!
I think it sometimes depends on how the GP words the application. Stick with it and don't ever give up... we are all with you!

Loads of love and hugs heading to you! xxx

Never give up some people just have to jump higher and be stronger. I will make a special wish or you x

Im so sorry to hear your *hit news Marie, you must be devastated I know I would be.
I hope you can try and stay positive enough to keep fighting, you deserve this op and I think you will get it in the end. Keep fighting hun (HUGS) X

I am dumbfounded...
Start writing your letter tp the pct now hunny,so you are prepared for you gp visit...
sending hugs your way hun xxxxxxxxxxxx

I would write to say that you meet the criteria (and bullet point each one), and that by granting other people funding but not you that you are being discriminated against. Also, ask to see where in the funding policy it says that showing dedication by preparing yourself for surgery by adjusting your eating habits and therefore losing some weight means that you are no longer eligible for surgery. Sometimes you gotta get harsh ;)

That is so awful Marie, stay positive i'm sure justice will prevail for you xxx

How fustrating when you meet the criteria, so un fair. Big hugs!! you'll get there in the end hun and as someone said be harsh you've got nothing to lose good luck xxx

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to say thank you to you all for your lovely kind and supportive words - it really means a lot to me as I was so down about the news.

I'm going to make a note of all the things I'm going to say to my GP so that we can get them in a letter to try and appeal the decision.

Definitely going to fight this as it's just so unfair.

Love Marie.

That's the best way forward I think Marie...
If there is anything at all that I can do to help, I would do it...

I'm crossing everything for you and thank you for all your wonderful support and friendship on here... I feel as though I have known you for years...

Keep your chin up love, we will get there somehow xxx

Good for you Marie, I really think you should fight fight and then fight some more till you get it, you deserve it :D x

Good for you Marie.
I wrote my separate and very emotional letter to the board as well as my GP's one. Maybe you cold do that too? My GP said he thought the personal approach would work best and he was right.
I will be praying all goes well.
Charis xxx

:cry:
Hi Everyone,
I am so cross today as i called the pct team who told me, as i have shone i can lose weight they were going to put me on a counselling programme with support on how to lose weight!!!!! So i was straight on the phone to my gp who is really cross with them as they have moved the goal posts yet again.
I am going in to see my gp next tuesday and we are going to put together another letter to send back to them.
I just feel so deflated today as it seems i will never get this op done!
I know i will in the end but today i am p****d...
Has this happened to any of you ?
I meet all the critera, as i have high bp,high cholesterol,asthma,type2 diabeties and pcos.
I just don't know what to do next!
sorry for being a bit low today i will have positive pants back on tomorrow..Thanks for all your support. Marie.:cry::cry::wave_cry:
Good luck with you GP today Marie...
Be strong and stay positive...
Sending virtual hugs.
Let us know how you get on...

lisa x x xx

Back