• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Choosing your own NHS hospital....

Retfordmag

Is this just for having the actual op?

I live in north Nottinghamshire and thought i would have ended up in Doncaster.

Appointment came from Sheffield which is a pain in the rear to get to from here both for me and visitors. Doncaster a bit easier.

Been told by Sheffield that op could be by June or July, just don't want to change to Doncaster and wait longer

OOnion

Good old 'choose and book' another hair brain scheme from the suits in the NHS costing, go knows how much and no one ever uses it! Everyone should have the choice of 3 hospitals to have their surgery (any surgery) at, however most people are not told this, the GP just refers to where they consider the safest and best hospital. xx

mariew

I got my funding from Swindon PCT, they don't do bariatric surgery there, but they arranged my weight management sessions, the group sessions and the one to one sessions with dietitian and pschologist, then offered me a choice of Gloucester, Taunton or Bristol for my op. Taunton is too far, Bristol has very long waiting lists so chose Gloucester.