• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Choosing your own NHS hospital....

MissyMustDoIt

serial cryer!!
Ive just told a friend about dr kumar leaving heartlands and she was suprised anyway that this was initially where i had been referred...

she had her surgery at walsall manor approx 4 years ago and cannot rate it highly enough....she suggested that this is where i choose to go and this confused me,

can i choose? i was under the impression that this is not my choice. Im not sure if walsall manor would be closer to me but it has made me think,

do i go with the GP says or do i ask for walsall manor based upon recomendations?

I am not sure but one of the ladies I was in hosp with came from Tamworth and had her surgery at the manor

ooh thanks for that, i dont suppose you knew if she was NHS or private?

Oh you can most definitely choose there is a lady who lives in wakefield who ask he's docs to refer her to huddersfield so that's where she's having her op. They give u a hosp but you don't have to go there if you'd b happier somewhere else xxx

Sent from my HTC Hero using WLSurgery

I had a choice either Sunderland or rake lane. I think as long as it's in your area, mine north east you can ask to be referred there. X

i think its on the list of PCT approved hospitals.....oow i may have to think about this now!!

Yeah its defo worth asking, they can't say its that hospital or none xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

my surgery told me that my area was done in Homerton, that was it lol xxx

Caren said:
my surgery told me that my area was done in Homerton, that was it lol xxx

Mine they didn't give me a choice either but if you find another hospital that does this op on nhs you can ask to be referred there xxx

if the GP makes the decision...and i wait for 12 months....then fine...

if I make the decision...and have to wait 12 months...ill be kicking myself that i didnt choose somewhere else haha

i cant win lol

its something to ask...ill write it in my diary

MissyMustDoIt said:
if the GP makes the decision...and i wait for 12 months....then fine...

if I make the decision...and have to wait 12 months...ill be kicking myself that i didnt choose somewhere else haha

i cant win lol

its something to ask...ill write it in my diary

Lol yeah its worth a try Xx

SSPCT recognises Walsall Hospitals NHS Trust, Heart of England NHS Foundation Trust, Derby Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, Shrewsbury and Telford Hospitals NHS Trust, University Hospital of North Staffordshire NHS Trust and University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire NHS Trust as centres of excellence for bariatric surgery, and these are currently the only centres where the PCT commissions these procedures

this is what the SSPCT state

i want to go to the one with the lowest waiting list....selfish? yup!

gotta get referred first though :8855:

MissyMustDoIt said:
SSPCT recognises Walsall Hospitals NHS Trust, Heart of England NHS Foundation Trust, Derby Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, Shrewsbury and Telford Hospitals NHS Trust, University Hospital of North Staffordshire NHS Trust and University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire NHS Trust as centres of excellence for bariatric surgery, and these are currently the only centres where the PCT commissions these procedures

this is what the SSPCT state

i want to go to the one with the lowest waiting list....selfish? yup!

gotta get referred first though :8855:

Lol bless ya, I'm just gonna beg n plead cos of my head cos weight loss helps ... again worth a shot Haha Xx

the only thing wrong with my head is the nuttiness lol

i was given a choice... i live in Milton Keynes... i could of gone to Luton & Dunstable and applied for funding... or gone Charing Cross in London who have there own funding... i chose CC xx

oooh thats new to me....a hospital that has their OWN funding??

is that across the country? or just the london area?

I think the lady that was in the same time as me was NHS as she was elderly. Wjhen I started my wls journey I was in Wolverhampton and the dr I saw at the beginning told me that they had clients as far as the Isle of Man so I can't see why living in Staffordshire why you couldn't have the surgery at the Manor

Officially I had a choice, but my GP told me which one he though was best. Now I have a lot of respect for my current gp (I don't always!) and so I didn't question his recommendation, but I would definitely get some more feedback from people if you're not sure..

Back