• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Want some advise

2011metoyou85

Hi all just wanted to know a couple of thing one of my friends has recently had a band fitted, she has told me that she doesn't have to do liquid diet is that true because I had mine fitted on the 21 of dec and had to go on liquid diet, just want to know if that is true and also if she didn't do the diet can anything happen to her cause really scared. She was told not till she has her fill

sorry i can't help but hopefully someone will be able soon :)

All providers have different rules. Your friend should follow what they have advised. Walsall make all bariatric patients follow the same plan - 4 weeks liquid followed by 4 weeks pureed food and building from there - and they make you go back to that after the first few fills - which is murder - but I can understand now why they advise this.

tranquil x

i personally would've thought she would need to do liquid diet as you say even just to protect her insides as i haven't seen anyone on here that doesn't need to do this, please don't think i'm being rude but do you think she understood properly or listened carefully enough to instructions :) what is she actually eating now then ?

angiemason said:
i personally would've thought she would need to do liquid diet as you say even just to protect her insides as i haven't seen anyone on here that doesn't need to do this, please don't think i'm being rude but do you think she understood properly or listened carefully enough to instructions :) what is she actually eating now then ?

I don't know I think so she is just having smaller portions live pre op diet

As I said it is down to the provider - but I would have thought she should not be on solid food straight after the op because things will be sore and will need time to settle. Did they give her a written plan to follow?

tranquil x

tranquil_butterfly said:
As I said it is down to the provider - but I would have thought she should not be on solid food straight after the op because things will be sore and will need time to settle. Did they give her a written plan to follow?

tranquil x

I don't know she hasn't said much but I know she had hers done down south so might be different

hello there

I have never known any wls op where anyone goes str8 onto solids straight after their op. Maybe ur friend could shed sum lite on it 4 u as to why she was able 2. xx

She won't be able to tolerate solids and will task damage being done x

I thought you've got to have liquids then sloppies to allow your band chance to bed in. If you eat solids too soon you can dislodge your band :(

Tb will it do any damaged to your insides thought cause I don't understand even tho you have surgery
i had a band fitted in 2006, on dec 14th, done thick liquid straight awy for a few days and then onto mushy after a week... too soon!! you need to let the band settle in and the protective membrane to develop around the band to anchor it in. by 2010, i had had mine removed due to various complications and my own stupidity in not following the rules. just me experience you understand, no-one ever said that was the problem but i know in my heart it was my fault it failed. following the rules is the way to go.

Back