• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Want to have a moan

sexyfairy

Soz guys feel like i need to moan, just been told i'm not gonna get paid sick for the time i was in hospital whilst in for the bypass...... :cry:mean gits.... hey ho thats my moan over with.....

Hiya Sexyfairy

I know that feeling,i work shifts and my employer said i have to stand my first 3 days off,so i have lost a full weeks wage for last week :cry:,and even tho i didnt have the bypass in the end,my doc still signed me off for 2 wks,hope i get paid next week or i will be asking if anyone has a spare cardboard box .....lol.

Can they do that? Legally I mean? I'd be on to the citizens advice to check it out.

Well done Tink`s you must be well chuffed.
xx

I have kept the 10lbs off i lost on the 10 day diet which hasnt been easy at times when i know i can eat a normal amount of foods and temptation stares u in the face.but i am not giving in.........yet lol

hey sexyfairy well done on ur weightloss hun keep up the good work, this is the best place to have a moan lol, also for good advice and a shoulder to cry on, everyone was fanbloodytastic to me wen my mam was dying and then she passed away 9 weeks ago, this site and good friends were my salvation, well done again xxx

Hi there, can you not get your doctor to sign sick note for you? minimun that you should get is statutory sick pay, unless your contract states that you are not entitled to any sick pay from work under any circumstances you are still entitled to this payment, the only exceptions to this is if you are on a temporary contract and worked for less than six months but even then dss will make some payments to you but you must supply them with regular sick notes if the recovery period is more than two weeks. Give citizans advice a call and make sure you have your work contract handy, you should really look into this more. I worked in HR for ten years, yes did leave four years ago and there is a chance that some rules have changed, but if they have it will more likely to be for your benifit and not company.

I worked in HR for ten years

Most of the firms i've worked for HR was refered to as 'dirty tricks department' lol ;)

I work for myself, so if i take time off it costs me shed loads, the cost of 3 weeks off and the cost of the op combined would have bought me a nice boat :D
That said it was worth every penny as i can already buy regular sized clothes and walk up the stairs without passing out :D and i'm only 5 weeks post op !

Most of the firms i've worked for HR was refered to as 'dirty tricks department' lol ;)

I work for myself, so if i take time off it costs me shed loads, the cost of 3 weeks off and the cost of the op combined would have bought me a nice boat :D
That said it was worth every penny as i can already buy regular sized clothes and walk up the stairs without passing out :D and i'm only 5 weeks post op !

Tell you something Im glad I left the upper levels of dante's inferno while I still had a soul left lol

I work for the police and they refused to pay sick pay for a woman who had breast reduction as it was making her back ache etc. I have told them I may need an op but if I get a sick note I am going to get them to put something on in latin that they cannot understand. Its something that improves your quality of health but they think its cosmetic.....Linda x

I got round this by getting them to sign me off sick with abdominal surgery as opposed to bariatric surgery. I work for the local authority so not sure if different employment rights apply for them. good luck x

I got round this by getting them to sign me off sick with abdominal surgery as opposed to bariatric surgery. I work for the local authority so not sure if different employment rights apply for them. good luck x

I did something simular to this too, my consultant gave me a letter to hand into my current company saying i was being admitted for gastric surgery, it didn't specify what i was having done. I didn't get paid for the time of, but it made taking a large chunk of time out more feasable and showed i wasn't blagging.

Sweety Hell does have its advantages, besides i like to sooth my guilty concience by buying new toys :D and when i'm really bad.............! lol lol

Making people redundant was the reason for putting on loads of weight, send out the letter eat a mars bar lol, should have just gone into debt and bought lots of gadgets!!

I once worked for these two wide boys in lytham as a credit controller, they were forxing people to cough up for over inflated advertising even when the companys were going bust it was horrible.....two very not nice blokes....Linda x

I spoke to my superviser yesterday to make sure i was gonna get paid and i am which is great she called the HR team and they had no hesitation in saying it will be with full pay so really happy means i dont have to rush back to work do i ask my dr for a sick note or my consultant when i leave hospital ? and how long do they normally sign you off for ?

Thanks

Corrine

Back